• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OEM Protection Film Package worth it?

DRGN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 FL5 CTR
Did anyone actually buy this?

PN: 08P48-T60-100. Cheapest it goes for is $110 shipped from all discount parts. Components are door edge guards, door handle guards, and rear bumper applique (specific for FL5).

I can get 3m door edge guards for all 4 doors off ebay for just $10 shipped, so wondering if the door handle guards and rear bumper applique is worth the extra $100. Maybe the film Honda uses is enchanted with unicorn farts 🦄
Sponsored

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
If you can get some sort of protection film and do all the trimming on your own, then it's not worth it.

The kit is convenient since all the pieces were already pre-cut and you just need to apply it.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Those ppf bits are not worth it in my opinion. I have a fair amount of film on my car and I opted out of coverage in the those areas. Those are not high impact areas. If you're careful enough you'll never see material damage in those areas. Not to mention, they'll eventually collect dirt at the edges and it will look like 💩. The focus areas should be as follows: front bumper, headlights, full hood, A-pillar kit w/ leading edge of the roof, front fenders, side mirrors, rockers, b and c pillars, and corner of rear doors.

Last edited:

Cousindeagle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX NA1/GR Supra
We had our complete front end covered with PPF from a local shop. It cost around $2k. The oem sectionals seem attractive in cost but they dont compare to a custom ppf install. Its worth every $$ imo
Sponsored