• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HondaLuke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
I do believe that this is a good car with good updates, and it does look very simple. But I also believe the new gen will just blend in a little too much.

This is basically where I am with it. I don’t absolutely hate it. However, I want to stand out, not blend in.
Sponsored

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Think that might actually be intake air temp. I thought it was pre and post-radiator water temp but it doesn't have the water waves on it.
Ah that would make sense

HustedDrums

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R, 2023 Hyundai Genesis GV70
This is basically where I am with it. I don’t absolutely hate it. However, I want to stand out, not blend in.
The FK8 is a show stopper! Every time I go to pump gas, someone stops me and they don't know what it really is. But people love it. Not like I care about others opinions, but I do enjoy having a car where people just stop and have no idea what it is - and that you really don't see them all too often.

The FK8 design will be timeless, and the bold designing is what drew me to the car since launch and it's why I had to have it. And that it held the FWD track times was extremely impressive to me. Again, not trying to sound like a hater or anything, Honda did a great job on the FL5 and I think it will be great for people that actually drive the car and don't care about looks and just want a nice performing vehicle around the track.

HondaLuke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
The FK8 is a show stopper! Every time I go to pump gas, someone stops me and they don't know what it really is. But people love it. Not like I care about others opinions, but I do enjoy having a car where people just stop and have no idea what it is - and that you really don't see them all too often.
Yes this! I get complimented more in this car than my built Camaro. FK8 is just aggressive and fun. Just my opinion obviously.

toastyJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
I hope there's a lot of HFP options for the FL5 so it can be riced out straight from Honda! I fell for the FK8 hard after thinking it was too riced and I hope it's the same with the FL5.

Also Donut media video

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
And everyone says I hate on the FK8. I don’t get why it’s a bad thing, that this car is a tad bit reserved? I mean it still has custom widened fenders, that aren’t just pieces of plastic glued on, 265 width tires, hood vent, GT spoiler, etc. and people make it sound like it’s a base model Corolla.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
And everyone says I hate on the FK8. I don’t get why it’s a bad thing, that this car is a tad bit reserved? I mean it still has custom widened fenders, that aren’t just pieces of plastic glued on, 265 width tires, hood vent, GT spoiler, etc. and people make it sound like it’s a base model Corolla.
doesn't matter what the car is, there will always be those who don't appreciate it. Doesn't matter no car can make everyone happy.

HondaLuke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
I just appreciated the FK8 because it DIDNT look like it’s competition or other cars. I can see a Kia stinger or even the Camry as they were mentioning above in this iteration. Resemblances. And this is the top of the line model. The base blends even worse.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
When FK8 came out, people bitched that it looks like Megatron raped a Gundam and had a retarded baby

Now when Honda fixes all the complaints, cheap build quality, interior design, no fake vents and clean muscular body... People bitch its too bland.

I hope to hell these things don't sell because I need one.

I can tell you this... FL5 will definitely age much better than FK8. Like the overstyled Hyundais and Bmws that is already looking dated. Older clean designs still look great. RX7, 300ZX, Supra, E46 M3, E39 M5 and bunch more... all considered design classics with simple lines and timeless elegant designs.

Last edited:

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
When FK8 came out, people bitched that it looks like Megatron raped a Gundam and had a retarded baby

Now when Honda fixes all the complaints, cheap build quality, interior design, no fake vents and clean muscular body... People bitch its too bland.

people are never happy lol

HustedDrums

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R, 2023 Hyundai Genesis GV70
Well, to be fair, it does kind of look like the Corolla lol. It's not bad that it's revised, but like others have mentioned - the bold design, the fact it didn't look like any other cars, is what made it appeal to me personally. It's not necessarily bad, but I will review in a video format a lot of the things I am trying to get out through text. It appeals to a different market - for sure. But I think they went over the top with the simplicity. Again, not a bad thing. Everyone has their tastes. I read somewhere on the forums here and they made a good point. The bold design is already out, if you want that one, but a used one and now we have the simplistic design of the FL5.

doesn't matter what the car is, there will always be those who don't appreciate it. Doesn't matter no car can make everyone happy.
It is good to be critical, but you are correct, you're not going to please everyone.

There is a huge demand and low supply for all cars. Even more so on performance vehicles. Especially since the primary market (over 60%) is SUV and manufacturers are focusing on SUV's for production. Honda will not have a hard time selling these vehicles at whatever price that the dealer decides to mark it up to.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

The FK8 design will be timeless, and the bold designing is what drew me to the car since launch and it's why I had to have it. And that it held the FWD track times was extremely impressive to me. Again, not trying to sound like a hater or anything, Honda did a great job on the FL5 and I think it will be great for people that actually drive the car and don't care about looks and just want a nice performing vehicle around the track.
FK8 looks like horse poo
Sponsored