• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Hey, I say good luck to anyone, if you’re getting that option, that’s cool. Don’t know that I’d be putting a deposit down without knowing exactly what I’m paying, wish dealerships here would be willing to commit to something. Unfortunately where I’m at no dealership is ready to commit when pricing isn’t even available yet.
I hear you. That seems to be the case at most places unfortunately and really shouldn’t be, particularly if they received several allocations each year in the past. In my case they gave me msrp + $3k in writing.
Sponsored

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I hear you. That seems to be the case at most places unfortunately and really shouldn’t be, particularly if they received several allocations each year in the past. In my case they gave me msrp + $3k in writing.
They all tell me the same thing, they can’t take money for allocations they don’t have. Personally, I’m kinda ok with it. In my case everyone will have an equal opportunity to buy the car when it actually comes out. Would suck to live somewhere, where once the vehicle is available all the cars are already gone and spoken for…

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
They all tell me the same thing, they can’t take money for allocations they don’t have. Personally, I’m kinda ok with it. In my case everyone will have an equal opportunity to buy the car when it actually comes out. Would suck to live somewhere, where once the vehicle is available all the cars are already gone and spoken for…
Most of the midwest is in line from what i can tell. If first come first serve they would be getting calls from me every day - i’d be rabid FOMO. Good luck to ya, i hope you land the rover.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
If first come first serve it will all come down to who they call first i guess.
Or rather, who they call first that's willing to pay $10k-$15k over msrp.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Or rather, who they call first that's willing to pay $10k-$15k over msrp.
An unfortunate side affect of wanting one of the most sought after cars being released, in a time of shortages… that being said, I still believe if you put in the leg work you can find something less than that.

Last edited:

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
I'm hoping for this. All signs have been leading to a Summer reveal. As I've been assuming. The Ford Raptor R and Next Gen Civic Type-R will be revealed this summer. It's definitely going to happen. I cannot wait

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
I can't wait to buy this car. I'm not paying 50k for it though, which has to be the going rate since lightly used models are going for high upper 40's on cargurus. Looks like I'll be waiting a few years. Probably gonna take a recession to get this thing at MSRP.
Oh yeah I'm definitely not paying above MSRP for mine whenever that point comes

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
I have no doubt it will be an undertaking, but I have faith that if you put the leg work in, you can at least have a chance for finding at or near MSRP. I have spoken to a few dealerships that are through and through no markup dealerships, and I may have to wait, but if it means I get MSRP, I’ll do it.
Ours was always a no markup dealer until the shortages hit, and at that point you can't really blame anyone. Yeah the market sucks but it will fix itself, already on it's way back on track now
Sponsored