• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
better as in faster, more powerful, more tech and comfortable. If you want a hardcore honda, you can still buy a EG hatch and drop in a K20.
If only you could find one already built. That isn’t a gutted track car.
Sponsored

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
half the price of a type r you can build one yourself if you can do the work yourself.
Hey, I know there are people out there who enjoy the whole building process. And I’m sure that it’s even nicer, if you have a dedicated garage and all the tools and equipment necessary for it, but that isn’t what I’m looking for.
Now, you find me a fully built k20 EG, with a decent interior and body, that looks good, that’s actually for sale… I wouldn’t care about money.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
better as in faster, more powerful, more tech and comfortable. If you want a hardcore honda, you can still buy a EG hatch and drop in a K20.
Disagree about the 'more comfortable'

For you that might be having electric seast, cooled seats, memory seats, a (panoramic) sunroof for those warm (not hot) days, etc and more stuff like that.

But thats not wat a Type R is about, never has been, and I think that can also apply on the average Type R buyer and Type R lover.

What Honda seem to define in 'more comfort' are things like going down an inch in wheels from 20" to 19", and adding things as driving modes with a custom mode that allows to change many settings.
Thats Honda's way of 'more comfort'.

But I think you will never see a Type R thats kitted out like a Golf R, because the Type R is too much circuit focused in its core to deal with such things...
@ 4:11

Really hope they go leather for US models...synthetic alcantara is not my bag baby
they will when you see all the press releases in the US and compare them to EU/JP, thats a clear difference between the offering of this car in both markets.

Reactions: Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
they will when you see all the press releases in the US and compare them to EU/JP, thats a clear difference between the offering of this car in both markets.
11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos exc

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
For a while there a few years back, I felt like you could find people selling solid k20 builds, now I haven’t been able to find any.
unfortunately, I’m sure that’s also due to me not being in the right circles to find them.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
For a while there a few years back, I felt like you could find people selling solid k20 builds, now I haven’t been able to find any.
unfortunately, I’m sure that’s also due to me not being in the right circles to find them.
they are definitely out there, i did not want to swap it myself and get involved. so i bought my friends which was done perfectly with a/c with all high quality hybrid racing parts. you'll have to pay probably $10k+ to get a clean one though that isn't a ragged out rusted pos lol

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
they are definitely out there, i did not want to swap it myself and get involved. so i bought my friends which was done perfectly with a/c with all high quality hybrid racing parts. you'll have to pay probably $10k+ to get a clean one though that isn't a ragged out rusted pos lol
Well, if anyone knows where to look, point me in their direction!

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Well, if anyone knows where to look, point me in their direction!
check k20a.org and their fb page. people sell tons of clean k swapped cars