• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
2023 Honda Civic Type R To Be Revealed In June: Official

The next-generation Civic Type R was spied for the first time back in May 2020 but it wasn't until October 2021 when Honda teased the hot hatch. We've seen quite a few official previews since then, and now we finally know when that red disguise will come off. Speaking with Carsalesmagazine, Honda Australia director Stephen Collins announced the world debut will take place next month:

"It [2023 Honda Civic Type R] will be shown in the full – there's been a lot of camouflaged stuff shown – in June during the European summer."
Its global premiere will be followed by a first US appearance at the beginning of July during the NTT IndyCar Series event at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Oddly enough, the prototype Honda will show in Ohio will still be disguised.

https://www.motor1.com/news/584550/2023-honda-civic-type-r-june-debut/amp/
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

kevinwang

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I wonder what extra details we can get with the disguise off.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Will be odd if it’s fully revealed in June and shows up here in July camouflaged. Or maybe saying it was going to be camo here in July was intentional, to surprise everyone in June?

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Will be odd if it’s fully revealed in June and shows up here in July camouflaged. Or maybe saying it was going to be camo here in July was intentional, to surprise everyone in June?
I have no idea why they would do that and wondering if they will unwrap for ohio now. I guess well see. Now im jonesing for pricing and what colors they will offer.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I can't wait to buy this car. I'm not paying 50k for it though, which has to be the going rate since lightly used models are going for high upper 40's on cargurus. Looks like I'll be waiting a few years. Probably gonna take a recession to get this thing at MSRP.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I can't wait to buy this car. I'm not paying 50k for it though, which has to be the going rate since lightly used models are going for high upper 40's on cargurus. Looks like I'll be waiting a few years. Probably gonna take a recession to get this thing at MSRP.
I have no doubt it will be an undertaking, but I have faith that if you put the leg work in, you can at least have a chance for finding at or near MSRP. I have spoken to a few dealerships that are through and through no markup dealerships, and I may have to wait, but if it means I get MSRP, I’ll do it.

Hulkout

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 2022 Toyota Tacoma
I think the prices on the used Type R are a product of the fact that the new one isnt available yet. I spent a long time hunting for a Tacoma and the desirable trims are going for more than MSRP as used trucks, but the new trucks still go for MSRP if you find the right dealer and are willing to wait.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I think the prices on the used Type R are a product of the fact that the new one isnt available yet. I spent a long time hunting for a Tacoma and the desirable trims are going for more than MSRP as used trucks, but the new trucks still go for MSRP if you find the right dealer and are willing to wait.
The difference is that I would not be surprised if almost every R is already spoken or signed up for. This is not a waiting game as much as a product of overall supply/demand.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
The dealerships that I deal with won't take deposits. It's essentially first come, first serve. The sales guys will call me and all other interested parties when it gets delivered. However, at that point it becomes a game of "WHO WILL PAY THE HIGHEST PRICE." :(

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
The difference is that I would not be surprised if almost every R is already spoken or signed up for. This is not a waiting game as much as a product of overall supply/demand.
Yeah I’ve spoken to a ton of dealerships in my area and none are willing to take deposits.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Yeah I’ve spoken to a ton of dealerships in my area and none are willing to take deposits.
All ive spoken to (over 15) put people in order / line if not taking deposits. Some places have 20+ people in line.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
All ive spoken to (over 15) put people in order / line if not taking deposits. Some places have 20+ people in line.
Sucks to live where you live lol.
Putting people “in a line” means jack sh*t, when people show up with money in hand.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Sucks to live where you live lol.
Putting people “in a line” means jack sh*t, when people show up with money in hand.
They typically commit with an email. I have a deposit down already so its easier. If first come first serve it will all come down to who they call first i guess.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
They typically commit with an email. I have a deposit down already so its easier. If first come first serve it will all come down to who they call first i guess.
Hey, I say good luck to anyone, if you’re getting that option, that’s cool. Don’t know that I’d be putting a deposit down without knowing exactly what I’m paying, wish dealerships here would be willing to commit to something. Unfortunately where I’m at no dealership is ready to commit when pricing isn’t even available yet.
Sponsored