• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I agree. I just have a feeling that honda is trying to appeal more now to the American market. and considering the size of that market I'm not surprised.
i mean they want to maximize profit like any other company. The civic is a global car and pleasing the widest audience is probably one of the toughest problems to solve. It’s why the sedan is only sold in North America.
Sponsored

RuReady

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R, FN2 Type R
i mean they want to maximize profit like any other company. The civic is a global car and pleasing the widest audience is probably one of the toughest problems to solve.
Very true
:thumbsup:

It’s why the sedan is only sold in North America.
We have the Sedan in Australia also

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Type R has always been about the boy racer. its part of the the Type R heritage and how they become popular among gangs and street racers in Japan.
Imo, from EK9 to FN/FD2, Type Rs have always looked "clean."
No crazy vents, no fender flares, and no multiple exhaust tips.
It's FK2 that changed everything.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
I wish the gear box was at the same height as the 10th gen. It's nice having the shifter right there. It also looks massive in size in comparison to the 10th gen to me. I wonder what the weight difference will be between this gen and the 10th. The more I see the more it grows on me. I do like that they cleaned up the rear which I feel is too busy on the 10th gen. It doesn't appear there is as many fake vents on this car which is a plus.

RuReady

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R, FN2 Type R
Imo, from EK9 to FN/FD2, Type Rs have always looked "clean."
No crazy vents, no fender flares, and no multiple exhaust tips.
It's FK2 that changed everything.
EK9 and FD2 I agree but the FN2 did have multiple exhaust tips standard. Wide fender flares Vented front and rear bumper and bigger rear spoiler were all optional from the dealer.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC2 Type R
People who say that the craziness was always a part of the Type R, must've gotten into the brand with the FK8 (or FK2).
The 11th gen design is very well received in Japan, at least based on the comments I've read so far.
It was designed by Honda Japan, and is reminiscent of the best Civic (EG, although debatable).
I always thought that the X gen was designed to appeal to the NA market, and not the other way around.

Last edited:

RuReady

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R, FN2 Type R
Personally I believe that the Honda craziness originally came from Mugen Motorsport Founder Hirotoshi Honda son of son of Soichiro Honda who was the founder of Honda. he has been adding craziness to Honda since 1973.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Hopefully the Si gets more aggressive treatment like this. I'm a real fan if the render is accurate. Just don't like the wing placement. Seems off.

jpn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp
The rear tail lights looks kinda cheap. Would look better with LEDs like Mugens

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Still think it looks bland as bland can be.
Honda must be extremely Afraid to show some fun in their designs these days.
Almost reminds me of a Dodge Dart from the rear.

FK8 had a unashamed attitude about it.
This new CTR, well. Accord with a Wing.
Why bother man
Sponsored