• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Depends on the car - I find the Mazda 3 version very quick and smooth to start unlike others - and it only activates when pressing the brake pedal more firmly after stopping, otherwise it doesn't.
They all operate in that matter in my experience.
Sponsored

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
They’ll keep on making Type R and it will, keep getting better every gen.

'Better' is going to be an interesting one... because I'm sure it will be faster... I'm sure it will be more agile... but will it be a better 'drive' - i.e. will it still have a manual gearbox or gears at all... will it still make any noise at all that isn't just a .wav file... and then there's the big unknown of whether there will be now only 1 seat and 1 cupholder in the back? These questions and more are a problem for me when talking about it getting 'better'.

Eventually whatever they do will be the new thing and people will forget about how it used to be... eventually. But with the benefit of living through the eras of raw 'feeling' performance cars and seeing how many ancillary things like safety and comfort have moved forward greatly, while others like driving pleasure, have gone in reverse (just generally, not talking about CTR specifically), then I'm thinking that what you imply as better, may not actually end up being better. Fingers crossed though, of course.

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Have they released a black or boost blue to the public yet?
Have not seen it. Wish they would.

I'm considering wavering from white.

I know we have seen the red but every time I see an 11gen rally red civic.. It works well.

Last edited:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
'Better' is going to be an interesting one... because I'm sure it will be faster... I'm sure it will be more agile... but will it be a better 'drive' - i.e. will it still have a manual gearbox or gears at all... will it still make any noise at all that isn't just a .wav file... and then there's the big unknown of whether there will be now only 1 seat and 1 cupholder in the back? These questions and more are a problem for me when talking about it getting 'better'.

Eventually whatever they do will be the new thing and people will forget about how it used to be... eventually. But with the benefit of living through the eras of raw 'feeling' performance cars and seeing how many ancillary things like safety and comfort have moved forward greatly, while others like driving pleasure, have gone in reverse (just generally, not talking about CTR specifically), then I'm thinking that what you imply as better, may not actually end up being better. Fingers crossed though, of course.

no new cars are "engaging" maybe if you go up to a Porsche GT model. Killing NVH and chasing laptimes means the car is neutered. You can't make a raw car and also make it chase laptimes and make it fun to drive. I think Jeremy Clarkson put it best, you get impressed by the kinda things these cars can do but end of the day you'd rather drive a car that tries to kill you and makes you laugh. Fastest cars are the ones that behaves the best while fun to drive raw cars all have some sort of flaw that makes them exciting to drive.

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
no new cars are "engaging" maybe if you go up to a Porsche GT model. Killing NVH and chasing laptimes means the car is neutered. You can't make a raw car and also make it chase laptimes and make it fun to drive. I think Jeremy Clarkson put it best, you get impressed by the kinda things these cars can do but end of the day you'd rather drive a car that tries to kill you and makes you laugh. Fastest cars are the ones that behaves the best while fun to drive raw cars all have some sort of flaw that makes them exciting to drive.
Yea true - I'm a fan of the GR86. It defies that logic a little in that it does in fact chase lap times, and remain extremely fun to drive - but of course retains some flaws. A great car though.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
to answer all those specific question, than yes, this one is 'better'

-more hp and torque
-still manual
-pure ICE with turbo
-still speculation, but it should also sound better than the 10th, new pipe design seem to back this up, and it has a valve you can adjust in the custom drive settings, so it adds up to assuming this is the case as well

and above all that, the engineers did everything to improve 'drive feel', so I think its fair to say, this gen is better in every single aspect that makes the 10th gen loved.

Looks, thats a personal matter, of course.

I think the fact that Honda sticks with a manual gearbox only, against the trend, is testament to their commitment to the "engagement" factor that makes a drivers car, for one.

Its definitely a different path than some German rivals with their DCT options..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Needs LED tails.

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
to answer all those specific question, than yes, this one is 'better'

-more hp and torque
-still manual
-pure ICE with turbo
-still speculation, but it should also sound better than the 10th, new pipe design seem to back this up, and it has a valve you can adjust in the custom drive settings, so it adds up to assuming this is the case as well

and above all that, the engineers did everything to improve 'drive feel', so I think its fair to say, this gen is better in every single aspect that makes the 10th gen loved.

Looks, thats a personal matter, of course.

I think the fact that Honda sticks with a manual gearbox only, against the trend, is testament to their commitment to the "engagement" factor that makes a drivers car, for one.

Its definitely a different path than some German rivals with their DCT options..
Yep for sure FL5 is looking good - however my original comment about 'better' was in response to the post saying that every gen will be better - where the future beyond FL5 for example, has me questioning that.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
better as in faster, more powerful, more tech and comfortable. If you want a hardcore honda, you can still buy a EG hatch and drop in a K20.
Sponsored