• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (Sonic Grey Pearl)
Really is awesome. Reminds me of the S2000 RPM gauge. And love that it shows the actual important gauges there now too. Looks like it has pre- and post-radiator water temp which is great. That coupled with the hood vent shows they care about the reports of overheating from the FK8.
After tracking my FK8 for the first time a few months ago, I really wish I had that gauge cluster. The LogR app was a pain to pair up haha

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Dang you really hate the FK8 that much? šŸ˜­
This guy goes around commenting that a lot. Unnecessary FK8 hate is what it is. To each their own as I say but this dude really makes it his mission to tell everyone else he hates it and how bad it was, lmao

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Interior is far far better than FK8. Thatā€™s for sure. I like that it is more subtle than the FK8 though I think the midsection looks a little weird. Oddly enough looks worse in red than white for this gen. Kinda bloated looking. But overall I love it. Really envious of the proper temp gauges.

Will probably stick with my FK8 though as the car market right now is dogshit and we know the dealers are gonna jack the prices to something absurd. Seems the power and whatnot is the same, so probably more of a refined FK8 at the end of the day.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (Sonic Grey Pearl)
Interior is far far better than FK8. Thatā€™s for sure. I like that it is more subtle than the FK8 though I think the midsection looks a little weird. Oddly enough looks worse in red than white for this gen. Kinda bloated looking. But overall I love it. Really envious of the proper temp gauges.

Will probably stick with my FK8 though as the car market right now is dogshit and we know the dealers are gonna jack the prices to something absurd. Seems the power and whatnot is the same, so probably more of a refined FK8 at the end of the day.
Yeah my sentiments are the same. I think what I like most about the FL5 is the interior and the front end. If I could get that interior in my FK8 it would be a perfect car but at the end of the day, I'm going to keep my FK8. Worked really hard to buy it for only $500 over MSRP and I've had so much fun with it driving wise! Plan to keep it for my kids when I have them haha

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
This guy goes around commenting that a lot. Unnecessary FK8 hate is what it is. To each their own as I say but this dude really makes it his mission to tell everyone else he hates it and how bad it was, lmao
Nothing unnecessary about it. Itā€™s ugly. And itā€™s my personal opinion. Last I checked, I can ā€œgo aroundā€ and comment in a forum, can I not?

If you love the FK8, congrats. Tons of people do, and thatā€™s cool. I donā€™t like the Gundam transformer FF look, shoot me.