• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OH Boy, Here We Gooooo....

OP
OP
CaryH

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
What are your tuning plans?
I want to go to Phearable to get the stage 2 tune, but for that I have a shop out by me, that will download the Phearable tune, dyno it and tune, etc......The basic Hondata tune I'm going to just do myself, download...and run.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CaryH

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It makes me nervous with depending on the US mail to not lose my ECU. I wonder if there will eventually be a way where the flash can jail break the unit in place and all in one shot (much like Unitronic does for the GTI and R Vdubs)?
I went to Ups not the Usps... overnight delivery guaranteed.

OP
OP
CaryH

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep I get that. I'm not worried about not being stock anymore, the only reason I'm waiting 2-3 years for mods is because I want the car paid off before I start putting additional money into it. I will never sell this car so I dont care about resale value. I've got a $12000 wish list that keeps growing.
Yea I hear ya, I'm paid in full so,also I've had it for over a year and three months, and just eclipsed 3,000 miles....lol.....

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
It makes me nervous with depending on the US mail to not lose my ECU. I wonder if there will eventually be a way where the flash can jail break the unit in place and all in one shot (much like Unitronic does for the GTI and R Vdubs)?

Iā€˜ve sent countless thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars worth of items via FedEx Priority Overnight and they are as good as it gets. I sent my ECU out that way and it was sent back that way. I had the ECU back in my hands within 48 hours. You can also insure the package for extra peace of mind.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
It is the same concern I had about shipping my ECU and getting it lost in the mail. Thatā€™s why I drove 3.5 hrs each way to innovative motor works to get the jailbreak done in person. While I was there, we saw the UPS and FedEx drop off many ECUs and some came in with just a bubble wrap envelope. I would say, box it up nicely. It needs to be able to handle the rough and tumble and potentially a drop. If youā€™re gonna ship it, donā€™t cheap out.

OP
OP
CaryH

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is the same concern I had about shipping my ECU and getting it lost in the mail. Thatā€™s why I drove 3.5 hrs each way to innovative motor works to get the jailbreak done in person. While I was there, we saw the UPS and FedEx drop off many ECUs and some came in with just a bubble wrap envelope. I would say, box it up nicely. It needs to be able to handle the rough and tumble and potentially a drop. If youā€™re gonna ship it, donā€™t cheap out.
Yea I wish they had a jailbreak tour near me.....

OP
OP
CaryH

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used a whole roll of bubble wrap,The 24" by I think 40 feet...lol ..into a book size moving box...So I hope and pray everything is OK šŸ‘

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
Iā€˜ve sent countless thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars worth of items via FedEx Priority Overnight and they are as good as it gets. I sent my ECU out that way and it was sent back that way. I had the ECU back in my hands within 48 hours. You can also insure the package for extra peace of mind.
There is an ITS owner (link) that UPS lost his ECU in the way back from Hondata.
Was without the car for 47 days until got hands on a new ECU.
Hondata restored from the backup they did prior shipping the original one and now is using the car without the need of going to the dealership to pair his new ECU.

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
There is an ITS owner (link) that UPS lost his ECU in the way back from Hondata.
Was without the car for 47 days until got hands on a new ECU.
Hondata restored from the backup they did prior shipping the original one and now is using the car without the need of going to the dealership to pair his new ECU.
While no shipping company is perfect, I have found through experience that FedEx has been more reliable than UPS. That being said, there is always some risk and definitely collecting insurance from a carrier takes time.

OP
OP
CaryH

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My ECU is in my hand Fed ex did their job...now off to download this base tune .

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
They have their own track record and while it may be spectacular, it would just suck when youā€™re experiencing the 1% that it happens to and for this purpose of jailbreak. Thatā€™s all. Everyone has their ways to assess and mitigate risk.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
They have their own track record and while it may be spectacular, it would just suck when youā€™re experiencing the 1% that it happens to and for this purpose of jailbreak. Thatā€™s all. Everyone has their ways to assess and mitigate risk.
While the gross number is high, the risk of loss expressed as a percentage is infinitesimal. I would take that bet every single time. And I agree, it would be unfortunate if you were the unlucky (or lucky) one to have your ECU lost in transit but the fear of that event occurring is discussed on the forums like it's commonplace.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
While the gross number is high, the risk of loss expressed as a percentage is infinitesimal. I would take that bet every single time. And I agree, it would be unfortunate if you were the unlucky (or lucky) one to have your ECU lost in transit but the fear of that event occurring is discussed on the forums like it's commonplace.
I donā€™t see it as commonplace. I just didnā€™t want to be the next one. Iā€™d rather take the day off and drive 7 hours than to tell my wife why we canā€™t use the car for the next X amount of days because the ECU is somewhere in America.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I donā€™t see it as commonplace. I just didnā€™t want to be the next one. Iā€™d rather take the day off and drive 7 hours than to tell my wife why we canā€™t use the car for the next X amount of days because the ECU is somewhere in America.
That's fair enough, I get it. Everyone reserves the right to do whatever gets them comfortable with the arrangement. It's great Innovative Motorworks offers that option for folks close enough to take the trek.
Sponsored