• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

[PSA] Watch out for the new wipers, as paint quality still very cheap

andyg

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very odd…in your first picture, it looks like the door has moved from its original position based on the (lack of) paint on the top side of the bolt.

k0to

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback Sport
Very odd…in your first picture, it looks like the door has moved from its original position based on the (lack of) paint on the top side of the bolt.
Might have been the dealership is my guess.

andyg

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might have been the dealership is my guess.
There’s clearly some sort of rubbing going on between your panels, I’d definitely investigate that bit but I wouldn’t say that particular issue is necessarily related to paint quality.

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T manual
The two 2022 Civic Hatchbacks I saw in person at the dealer have the worst panel gaps I've ever seen on a modern car

DallasCRX

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Honda GL1100 GoldWing Interstate, 1986 Honda CRX Si, 2009 Honda CRF250X, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 2010 Nissan Frontier, 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Just found a paint defect on my right front fender. :(
IMG_20211108_121241.jpg

IMG_20211108_121124.jpg
That is from the fender being adjusted in the plant, looks like they scratched the fender with a wrench. Definitely get this repaired under warranty.

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
The two 2022 Civic Hatchbacks I saw in person at the dealer have the worst panel gaps I've ever seen on a modern car
Then you haven't looked at the current Mustangs very closely. ??

In all seriousness, I've checked the gaps on my car and they all seem to be within reason. Nothing I would complain about.

andyg

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All in all Civic paint isn't thinner or thicker than any other manufacturer, it seems there are other issues at play (e.g. contact with foreign objects) that seem to be the issue.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
For what it’s worth, I have the wiper problem on my BMW 330i. Need to be extra careful when lifting the wipers.
The BMW has a special procedure for it.
Sponsored