• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
This is the original statement I responded to.

“But I'm sure none of this matters, you'll still think Honda is record chasing which most people don't want as they don't want to climb in a car with race car firmness/personality as their primary driver and has never been what the Type-R is about.”

I responded and said, I didn’t agree, and that most of the Type R variants of regular NSXs, Integras, Civics, were designed as “track ready” variants of their milder siblings…

Since then you’ve said a whole lot, and it’s nice you know the entire history of Honda and it’s Type R branding, and that you’ve owned a bunch of Hondas, and that you track them, etc etc I just don’t know what all that has to do with my simple point?

Most of those cars, were designed as “track ready” variants of their milder base vehicles. Am, I wrong? Because I’d sure like to go ask Tsuchiya and his fellow drivers, why they wasted their time with all those R model Hondas on all the Best Motoring videos I watched, when I was younger. 😂
Somehow in all your videos and own personal history you don't seem to understand you don't need to have the Type-R badge to be "track ready." A simple swap of pads and a fresh brake fluid change (goes for the Type-R's as well) and most cars will do fine at a track day and the vast majority of Honda's that have seen the track over the years don't have the Type-R badge. You're even now name dropping TK for whatever reason forgetting he's driven a wide variety of cars at the track and touge, many much less track focused than any Type-R. So if you want to call that a waste of time as well? Sure? It's such a strange standard you're trying to create. This whole rant is about your personal definition of "track ready car?" The information I gave relates to what the Type-R badge has meant to Honda and the industry if you cared to learn a bit of history - we have the answer to that. Seriously, I have no idea why you both have taken such offense to the idea of "balance, simplicity, lightness" somehow takes away from the track bias of these cars and somehow believe they must be designed to take lap records as their philosophy. But think what you want, the history is there for you to read (or ignore) at your discretion. As I said, you gotta do you.

Honda HPD does make a "track ready" version. It's called the Civic Type R TC or a Civic Si FE1.
Sponsored

Last edited: