• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rays/Volks or Spoon SW388 19x9.5” on Stock Suspension?

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Guessing it’s a long shot at best, but does anyone have any pictures of an FL5 running with 19x9.5” ZE40/TE/Gramlights/CE28 or Spoon SW388 on stock suspension (ideally with the stock PS4S tires)?

Wary of going down the suspension-modding rabbit hole as I don’t want clearance issues or chase suspension noises. Wanting to do ITS module and *maybe* Spoon springs eventually.
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
Guessing it’s a long shot at best, but does anyone have any pictures of an FL5 running with 19x9.5” ZE40/TE/Gramlights/CE28 or Spoon SW388 on stock suspension (ideally with the stock PS4S tires)?

Wary of going down the suspension-modding rabbit hole as I don’t want clearance issues or chase suspension noises. Wanting to do ITS module and *maybe* Spoon springs eventually.
I feel you man. I ended up getting prokit and they are great so far. I installed them myself and have had zero issues, no weird sounds or clearance issues. I kept thinking I'd stick to factory height, but just didn't like it with aftermarket wheels on.

I don't have 19s, but I do have some TE37sl black edition 3's (had them on my previous fk8). IT didn't look too bad, but it'll be much better now that I'm slightly lower.

OP
OP

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
I feel you man. I ended up getting prokit and they are great so far. I installed them myself and have had zero issues, no weird sounds or clearance issues. I kept thinking I'd stick to factory height, but just didn't like it with aftermarket wheels on.

I don't have 19s, but I do have some TE37sl black edition 3's (had them on my previous fk8). IT didn't look too bad, but it'll be much better now that I'm slightly lower.
That’s part of the reason I’m steering clear of 18” - it’s because I know I’ll “need” to lower the car for sure.

nvtive_b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
That’s part of the reason I’m steering clear of 18” - it’s because I know I’ll “need” to lower the car for sure.
https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...stalled-on-boost-blue-civic-type-r-fl5.51194/

My car on stock suspension. 19x9.5 +36 255/35 ps4s. Can easily fit a up to a 275/35 atleast. I know people lowered on that setup.

I’m now lowered on eibach sportlines and have ITS module on order

Those wheels are also for sale if you’re interested!

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...-5-36-w-michelin-pilot-sport-4s-255-35.52941/

OP
OP

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...stalled-on-boost-blue-civic-type-r-fl5.51194/

My car on stock suspension. 19x9.5 +36 255/35 ps4s. Can easily fit a up to a 275/35 atleast. I know people lowered on that setup.

I’m now lowered on eibach sportlines and have ITS module on order

Those wheels are also for sale if you’re interested!

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...-5-36-w-michelin-pilot-sport-4s-255-35.52941/
Thanks, looks great! +36 seems wild to me though, I was considering +40 max, maybe even preferring +45 as to not stray too far from the stock offset.

nvtive_b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Thanks, looks great! +36 seems wild to me though, I was considering +40 max, maybe even preferring +45 as to not stray too far from the stock offset.
Yeah let me know if you change your mind! I’m selling so I can get some ce28. Ce28 don’t come in 19. ze40 come in 19 but weak concave. Only te37 I know of in 19 for our car are mine and the m specs

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Hey @Negitoro7 I’m not sure if this will help. But this is from fb group member.

First 2 pics are with stock suspension.
Wheel setup - 19x9.5 +45 Apex VS5RS Motorsports Gold
Tire setup - Yokohama Advan Apex V601 275/35/19
11th Gen Honda Civic Rays/Volks or Spoon SW388 19x9.5” on Stock Suspension? IMG_6060
11th Gen Honda Civic Rays/Volks or Spoon SW388 19x9.5” on Stock Suspension? IMG_6061

and this last photo is with Swift Springs for FK8. Same wheel and tire specs.
11th Gen Honda Civic Rays/Volks or Spoon SW388 19x9.5” on Stock Suspension? IMG_6062

11th Gen Honda Civic Rays/Volks or Spoon SW388 19x9.5” on Stock Suspension? IMG_6063

Hope it helps! 🤙🏿

OP
OP

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Hey @Negitoro7 I’m not sure if this will help. But this is from fb group member.

First 2 pics are with stock suspension.
Wheel setup - 19x9.5 +45 Apex VS5RS Motorsports Gold
Tire setup - Yokohama Advan Apex V601 275/35/19
IMG_6060.jpeg
IMG_6061.jpeg

and this last photo is with Swift Springs for FK8. Same wheel and tire specs.
IMG_6062.jpeg

IMG_6063.jpeg

Hope it helps! 🤙🏿
Thanks man! Wow 275/35/19 is meaty :eek:

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man! Wow 275/35/19 is meaty :eek:
Meaty and I love it! Actually my first plan was to run SW388 19s in 275/35 with Eibach PRO KIT as I’m also concern with clearance issues. Only thing that holds me back now is the price LOL.

Plan B is 18s with 275/35 as I believe tires would be cheaper and easier to get. I’ll follow your thread seems like were heading the same way, but I’ll be changing wheels probably late 2024 or early 2025. 🤙🏿

OP
OP

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Meaty and I love it! Actually my first plan was to run SW388 19s in 275/35 with Eibach PRO KIT as I’m also concern with clearance issues. Only thing that holds me back now is the price LOL.

Plan B is 18s with 275/35 as I believe tires would be cheaper and easier to get. I’ll follow your thread seems like were heading the same way, but I’ll be changing wheels probably late 2024 or early 2025. 🤙🏿
Will be following your progress too 👀. 19x9.5 SW388 is the dream man, at an absolutely eye-watering price. But if it’s gonna be a forever car, “buy nice or buy twice”? I like the stock wheels enough that I’m not going to bother getting new wheels unless I really like them (and they offer a substantial weight and strength advantage over stock).

Also unsure if I’ll be staying stock suspension or going with Spoon springs ahead of new wheels.

OP
OP

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Yeah let me know if you change your mind! I’m selling so I can get some ce28. Ce28 don’t come in 19. ze40 come in 19 but weak concave. Only te37 I know of in 19 for our car are mine and the m specs
Yeah doing a “preliminary” search, it’s disappointing how few choices there are in 19”, although I do understand why 18” is preferred for track aficionados. Was recently bummed to find out that Enkei RS05RR doesn’t come in 19” (AFAIK).

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be following your progress too 👀. 19x9.5 SW388 is the dream man, at an absolutely eye-watering price. But if it’s gonna be a forever car, “buy nice or buy twice”? I like the stock wheels enough that I’m not going to bother getting new wheels unless I really like them (and they offer a substantial weight and strength advantage over stock).

Also unsure if I’ll be staying stock suspension or going with Spoon springs ahead of new wheels.
👀. Yeah I’m with you, go big or go home lol! Same haha and that’s why I decided to just buy winter tires and rock the stock wheels until the SW388s or TE37 comes around my budget.

Only reason that held me back from the spoon springs is the reverse rake “visually”. Eibach surely removes it, best case scenario is the RS-R coils.

OP
OP

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
👀. Yeah I’m with you, go big or go home lol! Same haha and that’s why I decided to just buy winter tires and rock the stock wheels until the SW388s or TE37 comes around my budget.

Only reason that held me back from the spoon springs is the reverse rake “visually”. Eibach surely removes it, best case scenario is the RS-R coils.
Yeah I understand why the reverse rake exists (very prominently on BMWs), but aesthetically isn’t pleasing. Might still go with Spoon springs for functionality and milder drop but we’ll see. Would be especially interested in reviews of Spoon springs paired with the ITS damper module.

nvtive_b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Yeah I understand why the reverse rake exists (very prominently on BMWs), but aesthetically isn’t pleasing. Might still go with Spoon springs for functionality and milder drop but we’ll see. Would be especially interested in reviews of Spoon springs paired with the ITS damper module.
Could always go with eibach pro kit for a more mild drop than the sportline

Doskiller

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R FL5
Yeah doing a “preliminary” search, it’s disappointing how few choices there are in 19”, although I do understand why 18” is preferred for track aficionados. Was recently bummed to find out that Enkei RS05RR doesn’t come in 19” (AFAIK).
You do have various options for 19" , just keep searching. If you want to go to rotary forged 19's ........ the field starts to narrow if you are on a budget.
Sponsored