• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rays 57 Pron

Hkc

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5
Looks great!

How are the continentals? Trying to decide detween those and ps4

How does the car feel on 18s? Handling feel less immediate?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
These are sick. I like them more than TE37’s.

Are they available in silver, like Mercury Silver?

OP
OP

Type Gts R

First Name
Juan Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Fl5 R
18s is a night and day difference. Feels much lighter on its feet and nimbler. More agile. I live in Wa and my fav tires up here are the continental dws.. great in summer and beautiful for colder seasons. Gl

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Looks amazing. I don't care for the stickers but otherwise very nice. What's the weight of this setup

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
How are the continentals? Trying to decide detween those and ps4

How does the car feel on 18s? Handling feel less immediate?
My suspension is stock.

I run 265/35/18 on these same tires.

Absolutely a loss of response. Steering feel has changed too. I typically drove in comfort mode and the occasional jump between sport and +R which I found to be a bit silly on the weight.

Now I definitely can't do comfort mode because it feels too light.

The change you feel with the lighter wheels is welcomed and noticable as soon as engage first gear. My tire and wheel combo ended up being 43 lbs on the one wheel and tire I decided to check.

The car became further and closer to what I wanted to be all at the same time. 18s were the way to go for me. I feel so much better not worrying about about the imperfections on the road.

Hkc

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5
My suspension is stock.

I run 265/35/18 on these same tires.

Absolutely a loss of response. Steering feel has changed too. I typically drove in comfort mode and the occasional jump between sport and +R which I found to be a bit silly on the weight.

Now I definitely can't do comfort mode because it feels too light.

The change you feel with the lighter wheels is welcomed and noticable as soon as engage first gear. My tire and wheel combo ended up being 43 lbs on the one wheel and tire I decided to check.

The car became further and closer to what I wanted to be all at the same time. 18s were the way to go for me. I feel so much better not worrying about about the imperfections on the road.
This is what I’m concerned with when downsizing. I wonder if the ps4s would make a difference?

I have a set of te37s waiting to be put on the car but am wondering if a more compliant 19in tire on stock wheels is the way to go.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
This is what I’m concerned with when downsizing. I wonder if the ps4s would make a difference?

I have a set of te37s waiting to be put on the car but am wondering if a more compliant 19in tire on stock wheels is the way to go.
I suppose you have to know what you are shooting for...

I daily drive my car in PA. I deal with winter and the shitty impact it has on the roads, be it weather or damage. The steps I take are going to be with that in mind.

The subtle changes I notice may be different than what you notice. I would do what I did again, so far. You may or may not feel that way. No right or wrong to it. I'm rambling.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Those appear to be ExtremeContact Sport 02 and not DWS. I have the same tires on my 18" TE-37.

Just like @Tickle, I noticed a difference in steering feel and response. I'm not sure if PS4S would be any better. Honda set this car up to work with 19" wheels and that's clear. It could be the offset moving out 15mm in my case that impacted the handling. My setup is probably 10 lbs per corner lighter than stock and I can feel the improved acceleration at least. I've gotten used to it and I do like some aspects of sizing down though.

Back on topic - your car looks great! I'm sure I'll see you around as I'm in northern WA.

OP
OP

Type Gts R

First Name
Juan Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Fl5 R
Those appear to be ExtremeContact Sport 02 and not DWS. I have the same tires on my 18" TE-37.

Just like @Tickle, I noticed a difference in steering feel and response. I'm not sure if PS4S would be any better. Honda set this car up to work with 19" wheels and that's clear. It could be the offset moving out 15mm in my case that impacted the handling. My setup is probably 10 lbs per corner lighter than stock and I can feel the improved acceleration at least. I've gotten used to it and I do like some aspects of sizing down though.

Back on topic - your car looks great! I'm sure I'll see you around as I'm in northern WA.
They’re definitely Dws heh. Honda also set up the fk8 for 20s but 18s was proven as the preferred track size. Anyhow I couldn’t imagine myself going back to 19s anytime soon. It’s a blessing to feel lighter in a world of flying pigs. I’m also tuned and the broader low end powerband pairs up well with the feel of the 18s.

Last edited:

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Ah I see it now! Lol. Their sidewall marketing speak is identical but the treadwear is definitely way higher. Carry on.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
These are sick. I like them more than TE37’s.

Are they available in silver, like Mercury Silver?
I was thinking the same thing! Classic looking like TE37’s, but just a little different and not quite as beefy visually…so you can show off those red brake calipers a little more (vs TE37’s).

Reactions: 007

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Rays 57Dr 18x9.5 +38
Continental Extreme Contact Dws 265/35

Enjoy some pron.

IMG_8839.jpeg

IMG_8840.jpeg

IMG_8825.jpeg

71132689661__E5077B29-AB03-4396-82EB-343B32D2382B.jpeg
Where did you get the really skinny and pink Rays/Gram Lights stickers? I haven't seen those on a 57DR before and they look great!
Sponsored