• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear view mirror

MASTER240SX

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 type r
Hi all
Just picked up a black Ex sedan last night.
this morning I was adjusting the rear view mirror and it fell off. It has a base that I have never seen before. I got it back on but it falls off if I try to adjust again.
not sure if anyone has more knowledge on the proper way to mount.But any help would be appreciated.
and yes I know it’s under warranty but I don’t live anywhere near a dealer.
The base looks like it’s supposed to twist and lock but it does neither.
Thanks in advance

11th Gen Honda Civic Rear view mirror 33F7B5CD-61C1-4D15-84A7-BD7ED3936781
Sponsored

CeeBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT - '21 Civic Hatch EX
A picture of the windshield side would be helpful.

flooder

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport
@MASTER240SX
Did you have any luck with this? My mirror just got bumped off and I have the same the results - doesn't seem to solidly mount back in place.

hondacm450e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo Touring
I’ve taken this mirror off and on a couple times now. First you place it in the groves, then you twist 15 degrees to lock it in. Very easy but took me an hour to figure it out.

Last edited:

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
This just happened to me. Worst design I've seen for a rear view mirror. Took me also about an hour to figure out wtf happened

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Take a closer look. It appears to me that there should be 4 black plastic clips (which would correspond with the 4 standing metal prongs). Apparently the clips broke, likely during assembly. There’s no way it’ll hold together to the mirror mounting bracket without the clips.

Things like this happen sometimes. Super annoying, but considering how many thousands of cars, which get partly assembled by people, there are bound to be mishaps here and there.
Sponsored

Last edited: