• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Reason you went from 10 gen Si to 11 gen Si?

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
I realized that the 11th gen's standard Honda Sensing suite always gets left out of these comparisons, so thanks for the reminder jkrohn.

Adaptive cruise is really awesome. I'm a habitual cruise control user and this makes it even more convenient. Just set a desired speed, your follow distance, and let the car figure out the rest. Coupled with the lane-keep assist you can really relax. All you have to do is keep your eye on other cars and the car drives you home. Really makes boring highway driving less tiring. Infinitely more useful than foglights, that's for sure!
Sponsored

Jason1984

First Name
Janssen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Tuned 10th gen non-Si owner here but I think there probably are a ton of reasons why folks choose to upgrade to the 11th or to stick with the 10th.

Why people switch to the 11th
Need to have the newest toy
Prefer the more mature, cleaner look
Like the driveability tweaks (like rev matching)
Prefer the classier interior
All of the above

Why people are sticking with the 10th
They don't buy first year models
Turned off by the price increase and ADM
PO'ed that Honda removed some features (US)
Disappointed there wasn't a decent power bump
Don't like the more sedate styling

I was considering an 11th Si as my next car but I'm on the fence due to not loving the tamer styling (it's growing on me, though) and American Honda's decision to remove features. In Canada, it's a much easier decision.
I considered the 11th gen but every dealer here wants 34-36k otd and that’s just not gonna happen. I went down this rabbit hole looking at different cars and the one that caught my eye is the Hyundai Elantra N I know it’s not out Quite yet but I might go that direction especially after watching Raitis rides video. But for now my 10th is just fine.

OP
OP
Annexed

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si -> 2022 BRZ
I considered the 11th gen but every dealer here wants 34-36k otd and that’s just not gonna happen. I went down this rabbit hole looking at different cars and the one that caught my eye is the Hyundai Elantra N I know it’s not out Quite yet but I might go that direction especially after watching Raitis rides video. But for now my 10th is just fine.
I did place an allocation on a BRZ but I am also gonna look at the Elantra N. There is 1 dealer near me that has one, but it was 5k over MSRP. According to consumer reports Hyundai and Kia are the most marked up cars.
Also the sale person wasn't very pleasant to me.
But I did find a nice dealer just waiting for them to get theirs.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I had a 10th gen Touring Coupe, I sold it and got into a Subaru for a couple years. I now have a 2022 Civic Si which I have owned for a couple weeks - Blazing Orange Pearl colour.

I really wanted a 10th gen. Civic Si because of the adaptive suspension, I was sorry to see that omitted from the 2022 Si. I couldn't find a 2021 but I found the 2022 Si sitting in my local dealer's showroom and snapped it up. I was driving it 4 days after purchase, so no ordering or long wait, and no dealer mark-up either.

What attracted me to the 2022 Si model was the new powertrain changes mostly. Twin scroll turbo, VTEC on exhaust side now, helical LSD, auto-rev match downshift, new shifter design and the short tranny gearing. The new exhaust system is perfect, no need to look to the aftermarket IMO. I was also attracted to the handling capabilities, the car is still under 3k lbs and pretty tossable, it corners nice and flat and the sporty ride suits me fine. They say the 11th gen suspension is better despite the loss of adaptive dampers. All of the video reviews raved about the handling characteristics of the car. Honda rated the car at 5 hp less, but it drives much stronger than what the specs are listed at. I guessed it was a 230 hp car and some recent dyno tests seem to confirm my earlier suspicions.

I wasn't crazy about the exterior design until I seen one in person, they look much nicer in person than they do in pictures or videos. The interior design is nice, and the technology features are cool, this is a very feature rich car for relatively low dough.
The overall driving experience is what sold me on it, the sum of all the parts really makes this car.

Last edited:

kpelkey151

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
I'm going from 10th gen to 11th gen for a few reasons.
  • Tech upgrades (LED Headlights, Wireless AA, Bose, Sensors)
  • Looks (much prefer the 11th gen)
  • High resale on my 10th gen. I basically will only be loosing roughly 2k on trade after driving it for 3 years

Xaymaca

First Name
Jermaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si
I wonder hmm. Is the Integra why the removed some of the Civic Si's features and turned down the power?

Minder13

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 2006 Toyota RAV4
11th gen looks a billion times more average. - fixed it for ya bud.
That's how I feel about the 11th gen, and I'm hoping the aftermarket will step in and help the new SI's stand out

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si Blaze Orange
Tech, Interior/Exterior styling, Bose Stereo, Honda Sensing suit, heated steering wheel/seats are some of the reasons I traded up.

The car is amazing driving it. Handling, steering feel and stock engine tune are WAY better than my 2018 Si.
Sponsored