• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recent road trip mpg with tuned Si

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
My wife and I took a short road trip from Richmond, Va. to Farmville, Va. this weekend in my Hondata-tuned Si. The trip was a mix of interstate and back roads. I was impressed to achieve about 41 mpg over the entire trip. Not bad for a manual transmission "sporty" car!

11th Gen Honda Civic Recent road trip mpg with tuned Si download
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
That's pretty darn good this time of the year. I assume you guys get winter fuel this time of the year in your region ? , if so that would be even more impressive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
That's pretty darn good this time of the year. I assume you guys get winter fuel this time of the year in your region ? , if so that would be even more impressive.
Yeah we get winter/summer blends here in the mid-Atlantic. In=town mileage is about 28-29 mpg. I definitely get on the loud pedal more in the city. :)

ACSi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
My wife and I took a short road trip from Richmond, Va. to Farmville, Va. this weekend in my Hondata-tuned Si. The trip was a mix of interstate and back roads. I was impressed to achieve about 41 mpg over the entire trip. Not bad for a manual transmission "sporty" car!

download.png

download.png
What year is your Si?

ACSi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
2022 with about 1700 miles on it so far and ~1000 with the Hondata 250/250 tune.
Did you see a big difference in HP & Torque?
Did your MPG change?
Will this void the warranty?

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Did you see a big difference in HP & Torque?
Did your MPG change?
Will this void the warranty?
I haven't dynoed the car to verify Hondata's claims but I suspect their numbers are "crank" hp and not at the wheels. I believe they measured 225/210 stock. Their goal was to increase hp and broaden the torque curve. The car feels significantly quicker especially with the relatively short gearing.
Miles per gallon suffered a bit due to some aggressive driving but I don't power shift between gears to preserve the clutch. On the highway in cruise mode, the car averaged 42 mpg from a mix of interstate and back roads driving. I've been very happy with it so far.
As far as warranty concerns, I suppose certain aspects of the warranty might be voided but the Hondata tune is pretty conservative.

ACSi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
I haven't dynoed the car to verify Hondata's claims but I suspect their numbers are "crank" hp and not at the wheels. I believe they measured 225/210 stock. Their goal was to increase hp and broaden the torque curve. The car feels significantly quicker especially with the relatively short gearing.
Miles per gallon suffered a bit due to some aggressive driving but I don't power shift between gears to preserve the clutch. On the highway in cruise mode, the car averaged 42 mpg from a mix of interstate and back roads driving. I've been very happy with it so far.
As far as warranty concerns, I suppose certain aspects of the warranty might be voided but the Hondata tune is pretty conservative.
Can you disable the tune before you take the car in for service? And they reinstall after service?

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Can you disable the tune before you take the car in for service? And they reinstall after service?
You can easily reflash the tune to stock beforehand and then revert back to the tune you originally installed.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I want to jump on the hondata tune for my 22 Si, have you disabled rev hang and has the tune messed with the auto blip system at all?

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I want to jump on the hondata tune for my 22 Si, have you disabled rev hang and has the tune messed with the auto blip system at all?
The CARB legal version doesn't allow you to disable rev hang but to be honest I've gotten used to it. There is a slight delay in power as you quickly shift through the gears. To be honest I don't know if it's an emission feature or if it preserves the clutch. Not really a big deal, and no, the rev match system is not affected after the tune.
Sponsored