• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shutting off the engine on Type R

Ohlins8990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E34 535i
Is there a way to shut off the engine of the manual transmission cars while keeping the audio system alive. For example I get to a destination, but am still on the phone. I want to shut the engine off, but still use CarPlay. Same goes for just wanting to finish a song before leaving the car, but not idle it needlessly.
Sponsored

blu_fl5_ctr

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BOOST BLUE TYPE R
Is there a way to shut off the engine of the manual transmission cars while keeping the audio system alive. For example I get to a destination, but am still on the phone. I want to shut the engine off, but still use CarPlay. Same goes for just wanting to finish a song before leaving the car, but not idle it needlessly.
I haven't tried it personally in my R, but in my Ford expedition I long hold the start button to shut down engine, and the accessories still operate. I suppose it's like turning a key to acc. Rather to off

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Unfortunately, no. This is not because the car is a manual, but the way the Push Button Start operate and how the car is wired. In order for the infotainment to keep running after you press the Engine Start Button to turn the car off, the car must be designed in such fashion.

OP
OP

Ohlins8990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E34 535i
The manual shows that the CVT cars can be stopped if the button is pressed while not in P. Don't have one to verify though.
:dunno:

Fl5#727

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic type r
I guess you could turn the car off and then press the button again but just press it don’t hold so it doesn’t start again. and that puts the car in accessory mode so that the radio and stuff plays. Not as ideal as you’d like but I think that’s as good as it will get.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I guess you could turn the car off and then press the button again but just press it don’t hold so it doesn’t start again. and that puts the car in accessory mode so that the radio and stuff plays. Not as ideal as you’d like but I think that’s as good as it will get.
Yep. This seems to be the only option we have
Sponsored