• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Si Res Delete Issue

Crisspy

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2023
So I just did the PRL Res Delete on my 2023 SI, i got the check engine light…fixed it. The only problem now is how it reads my average MPG. My mile Range is normal, but its saying im average like 10 miles less per gallon, what could be the issue? Before the install I was at 38 MPG. After the install before even driving the car it was at 22 MPG. After i drove for a little the meter was basically stuck all the way near the the 10MPG mark, again my Range didn’t change was my normal range, the average MPG gauge is completely off.
Sponsored

submitaweasel

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 integra
Calculate your actual mpg at a fillup. If it has dropped, something is off about your install. It's possible you have a leak from the install causing a boost/vacuum leak. Double check everything is tight and not leaking. Did you read the CEL code? Likely it was related.

OP
OP

Crisspy

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2023
Calculate your actual mpg at a fillup. If it has dropped, something is off about your install. It's possible you have a leak from the install causing a boost/vacuum leak. Double check everything is tight and not leaking. Did you read the CEL code? Likely it was related.
I did not read the codes, it wasn’t just the CEL, a bunch of other lights came on, cruise control, lane assistance, brakes, all i did was remove the negative from the battery and put it back to remove the lights, the only thing I can imagine is causing a leak is that plastic cup with the tightening ring was extremely uncomfortable to get to, ill go back and try to make it as tight as possible. The metal plug from the kit is definitely tight because it was not easy to jam it into the tube.

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2019 Nissan Titan, 2017 Yamaha FZ10
If the silicone cap on the lower charge pipe is loose you have a boost leak which I'm pretty sure would lead to a a CEL. Go back and check that cap and make sure its done up correctly. The upper aluminum cap really wouldn't do anything if it was loose, or not even there.

OP
OP

Crisspy

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2023
If the silicone cap on the lower charge pipe is loose you have a boost leak which I'm pretty sure would lead to a a CEL. Go back and check that cap and make sure its done up correctly. The upper aluminum cap really wouldn't do anything if it was loose, or not even there.
Yeah i went back and took it out and put it back, i made sure it was extra tight lmaoo, ill see how it goes after a full tank

313SonicSI

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1996 Acura Integra
You definitely shouldn’t have a CEL come
Up after this install. You must have the plug on the IC piping where it’s pulling air. Check and make sure that plug is pushed all the way up as far as it can go and the clamp is tight.
Sponsored