• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Si seems impossible to find at dealers?

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; 2024 Honda Civic Touring
They've never, even in past years, been very available.
My wife has had two and in both cases she had a hard time finding one.
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
What states exactly are "flooded" with new Si's??? Just because a website says they have an Si available doesn't mean it's really available. We discovered that little tidbit while looking for our new Odyssey. Every dealer had 4-8 Odysseys available on their website but in reality had ZERO on the lot. We had to wait 2-3 months to finally get ours.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
What states exactly are "flooded" with new Si's??? Just because a website says they have an Si available doesn't mean it's really available. We discovered that little tidbit while looking for our new Odyssey. Every dealer had 4-8 Odysseys available on their website but in reality had ZERO on the lot. We had to wait 2-3 months to finally get ours.
Very true what you said and also just because it’s talked about a lot by reviewers doesn’t mean you can get one. In 2019 we wanted to get a manual Accord Sport. Figured it would be easy to find as all the reviewers were talking about the manual version. Was looking for a white one. In all of Massachusetts at the time there were only 2 and both were red. Was really surprised how hard it was to find one I wanted.

HRC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Step 2 McLaren 570S
There is a place in Hempstead NY that has a blazing orange. Only problem is they want 40k for it even though on their website it states the MSRP price. I’ve found that the few dealerships on the east coast that have cars available are asking crazy markups hence that’s the only reason they are “in stock” I found another blazing orange in the Boston area they wanted 37k. I ordered mine on Saturday November 13th and was told just this past week that they won’t have any information until mid to late January. The positive to all of this is my car will be MSRP.
Funny I saw this too, maybe it's the same car we both looked it. A bit too far for me.

https://www.hondacityli.com/invento...ormance-tires-fwd-4d-sedan-2hgfe1e58nh470870/

Noekozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fully loaded MetroCard
There is a place in Hempstead NY that has a blazing orange. Only problem is they want 40k for it even though on their website it states the MSRP price. I’ve found that the few dealerships on the east coast that have cars available are asking crazy markups hence that’s the only reason they are “in stock” I found another blazing orange in the Boston area they wanted 37k. I ordered mine on Saturday November 13th and was told just this past week that they won’t have any information until mid to late January. The positive to all of this is my car will be MSRP.
So you ended up placing an order with the dealership? I think this is my best bet in order to avoid paying a crazy markup.

Krebsy718

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW Cross Sport
So you ended up placing an order with the dealership? I think this is my best bet in order to avoid paying a crazy markup.
Yes I placed my order Saturday November 13th. My dealership got two in that went to people in front of me. I’m told I’m next in line and that they will know within the next couple of weeks. I’m seeing here that build dates for Blazing Orange are this week so hopefully there will be some good news shortly. And yes my dealer is doing MSRP with some 700 dollar package which I’m fine with.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Interesting. Id say if the door sill says made in Japan. Its made in Japan.

Would be interested in more info. What car does your wife have?
What is the first character of the VIN. That’s the country code. 1 is USA. 2 is Canada. J is Japan. W is Germany and so on

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
The dealers in my region all seemed to get one allocation initially, and I don't believe they had a choice in colour as they all had different colours, it was like they took what they could get. After the first ones sold they had to wait for future deliveries and it could be several months, the dealers never seemed to know when they would get more. No wonder they wanted to get as much money as they could for them. I lucked out and found a BOP in my dealer's showroom that had not been test-driven. I slapped a deposit on the car over the phone without seeing it in person, 4 days later I was driving it home. Good timing I guess.

Krebsy718

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW Cross Sport
The dealers in my region all seemed to get one allocation initially, and I don't believe they had a choice in colour as they all had different colours, it was like they took what they could get. After the first ones sold they had to wait for future deliveries and it could be several months, the dealers never seemed to know when they would get more. No wonder they wanted to get as much money as they could for them. I lucked out and found a BOP in my dealer's showroom that had not been test-driven. I slapped a deposit on the car over the phone without seeing it in person, 4 days later I was driving it home. Good timing I guess.
How much over MSRP did they get you for?

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much over MSRP did they get you for?
I paid MSRP on the car. The dealer added $500 in extras which included Honda winter mats, I knew it was an extra money making charge but I wasn't about to argue over lunch money, plus I got a $200 gift card that I could use towards oil changes or accessories / parts etc. This is the first car I have ever purchased that wasn't under MSRP, and I didn't like the fact I had to pay MSRP, but after reading all of the horror stories out there about dealer mark-ups I realized I did okay and I got one of the first Si's in my region.

Also, I initially signed the sales agreement with a $300+ premium paint charge for this colour, but the dealer later told me there is no premium paint charge on Canadian Si's , so they took the cost off the sale when I picked it up. I had no idea so that was an honest move on their part. I assumed there was premium paint charges like exist in the U.S ?

I bought this just before Christmas, I must have lucked out timing wise as no one else had looked at it seriously before me. 5 km's (3 miles) on the odometer when I picked it up.

11th Gen Honda Civic Si seems impossible to find at dealers? IMG_20211218_1332375

11th Gen Honda Civic Si seems impossible to find at dealers? IMG_20211218_1332582 - Copy

11th Gen Honda Civic Si seems impossible to find at dealers? IMG_20211218_1333245 - Copy

11th Gen Honda Civic Si seems impossible to find at dealers? IMG_20211218_1334049

Last edited:

Krebsy718

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW Cross Sport
I paid MSRP on the car. The dealer added $500 in extras which included Honda winter mats, I knew it was an extra money making charge but I wasn't about to argue over lunch money, plus I got a $200 gift card that I could use towards oil changes or accessories / parts etc. This is the first car I have ever purchased that wasn't under MSRP, and I didn't like the fact I had to pay MSRP, but after reading all of the horror stories out there about dealer mark-ups I realized I did okay and I got one of the first Si's in my region.

Also, I initially signed the sales agreement with a $300+ premium paint charge for this colour, but the dealer later told me there is no premium paint charge on Canadian Si's , so they took the cost off the sale when I picked it up. I had no idea so that was an honest move on their part. I assumed there was premium paint charges like exist in the U.S ?

I bought this just before Christmas, I must have lucked out timing wise as no one else had looked at it seriously before me. 5 km's (3 miles) on the odometer when I picked it up.

IMG_20211218_1332375.jpg

IMG_20211218_1332582 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20211218_1333245 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20211218_1334049.jpg
Wow that’s awesome. Congratulations. I’m still waiting for even some sort of word from my dealership and I ordered my car almost 2 months ago.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow that’s awesome. Congratulations. I’m still waiting for even some sort of word from my dealership and I ordered my car almost 2 months ago.
ah the wait would kill me , lol. I was initially looking at a BRZ at my Subaru dealer, my Subaru sales guy said if I ordered it last month it would be July 2022 before I got it. It's a tough time to get the car you want, so I was very happy to stumble across the Si in the showroom. Good luck with the delivery of your new car, what colour will it be ?

Krebsy718

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW Cross Sport
ah the wait would kill me , lol. I was initially looking at a BRZ at my Subaru dealer, my Subaru sales guy said if I ordered it last month it would be July 2022 before I got it. It's a tough time to get the car you want, so I was very happy to stumble across the Si in the showroom. Good luck with the delivery of your new car, what colour will it be ?
Yeah I’ve read that Subaru’s are real hard to get. They said that because they only have one plant in the USA that does everything its at an even bigger disadvantage than Toyota or Honda who have multiple assembly lines around the country.
My dealership asked me to give them 3 choices on the color. I went with the BOP first then the silver whatever it’s called pearl and white pearl as my third choice so we’ll see.
Thanks
Sponsored