• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

M Car to Si?

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
I previously owned a 2017 Wrx and added an off the shelf tune from MA Performance. tune It was enough for me and was a good blend of performance and reliability. I never had any problems with the tune afterdriving it for 2 years. That said, I would consider a tune for the si but I really just want something reliable/versatile first, fun to drive 2nd. I think I want to focus on other parts of my life and not invest so much time/money/emotional energy into my car. The si really appeals to me bc it’s so economical and yet still somewhat of a drivers car bc of the transmission and handling. I think Im going to pull the trigger next week with putting down a deposit. First mod will be MIichellin PS4S and PPF.
Good luck, what color were you thinking about? I love the way the Si looks in white and black. Something about the shape of the vents and black accents. Post pics!
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I feel the same way at times wanting to get fk8 used. I been looking for fl5 and been getting 15-20k markup. I do notice it been sliding and they are holding to fl5 longer at the dealer. I hope it means I can get fl5 within my budget. Main reason I want to get new is no smog for 5-7 years.
The FL5 I was called on by the dealer who sold me my FK8 three years ago - they were looking at about a $ 10K markup. That is in AZ. For $ 1K deposit I could have been first in line. I passed. But that is better than $ 15 - 20K over MSRP, so maybe it is softening just a bit.
Hope you find a good deal on whatever you choose.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
If you absolutely need heated seats in a Si, consider the Integra, they can be had for under MSRP relatively easily nowadays
Please tell me somewhere that I can get one under msrp? I live in GA but I have kids in Florida that I can go visit while I get a new car.
... Or GA / TN / AL as far as finding a new manual transmission model. No auto for me.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
I agree. My local dealer will sell a fully decked Integra for around 32k.

Or you can just add your own heated seat elements or have a shop do it. Maybe heated aftermarket seats altogether for the lower price. I’d think coming from BMW you may like the Acura more - not on the price point, I know. But maybe interior stuff. I like both models a ton & would take either one to be honest though.

I’ve been spoiled in my truck & want the same heated & even ventilated creature comforts.
They don't sell the A-Spec with manual for that do they?

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Pembroke Pines Acura has 6 sitting on their lot right now. They’ve got the most in South Florida ant the moment, so they’re incentivized to move em Inquire with them first, if they don’t meet your needs.

Call Rick Case Acura, ask for Hassan, he’s a finance manager there. You can also ask for Mo, he’s the sales manager. Let them know Pembroke
Pines didn’t budge and you’re ready to go. Pembroke Pines Acura been whipping their ass for years, they’d love nothing more than to steal a client from them

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ram, 20 Durango, 00 Cherokee, 99 Trans Am
They don't sell the A-Spec with manual for that do they?
32-35K for CVT for 2024 models that haven’t arrived yet obviously. The manuals are definitely a few K more - but at this dealer, they didn’t have to be. They added the expensive wheel package & a bunch of items to get it to almost 40K. I bet at the end of the year though the 23 manuals will be in the low-mid 30’s. 🤞🏽

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I agree. My local dealer will sell a fully decked Integra for around 32k.

Or you can just add your own heated seat elements or have a shop do it. Maybe heated aftermarket seats altogether for the lower price. I’d think coming from BMW you may like the Acura more - not on the price point, I know. But maybe interior stuff. I like both models a ton & would take either one to be honest though.

I’ve been spoiled in my truck & want the same heated & even ventilated creature comforts.

Link to 32K dealer? looking to buy and would jump on that tomorrow over and Si at that price.

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ram, 20 Durango, 00 Cherokee, 99 Trans Am
Link to 32K dealer? looking to buy and would jump on that tomorrow over and Si at that price.
There’s 2 in the St Louis area. St Louis Acura aka Mungenast Acura - #4-5 highest volume dealer in US I’m told. Ask for Asheed Graves & you can name drop if you’d like just by saying that Bobby with the ITS deposit suggested him. He’s been there for 15 years if I remember correctly.

Technically, I have a deposit at the other dealership below also, but cannot recommend a good salesman there, unfortunately. I’ve had about five different ones in less than a year, which I don’t like. There was one good one, but he moved on pretty much just like all the other ones except for my last guy whose name is Ahmed. Real young & a little awkward, although very nice.

The other one is Frank Leta Acura, and pricing is also pretty competitive but they try to tack on mandatory accessories and they also have a limited lifetime warranty that is through their dealership and not a third-party. Unfortunately I don’t have any feedback to give other than that.

St., Louis Acura has been a lot more composed and helpful so far. Plus no mandated extra accessories.

Note my other post above though, on the low 30s side is for the auto transmission and obviously a few grand more for the manual.
Sponsored

Last edited: