• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

‘20 LX to ‘23 Si

aspitfyr

First Name
Sav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, '20 FC4 (sold)
I previously had an FC4 (2.0L NA) with pretty much everything possible done to it. It was a great car, but ultimately it was time for a change. I picked up my Aegean Blue Si last Thursday from a dealer 3 hours away…but man, was it worth it.

After 400+ miles of baby treatment, I decided to flash the TSP Stage 1 tune, and it’s yet to take the stupid grin off my face. We caught the clutch slipping in Map 3, as expected, so I’m running Map 2 until I get the RV6 Retro kit installed next week. Car is otherwise stock, for now. Got a few more parts on the way.

My only gripe about this car so far has got to be the idle start/stop feature. I can’t wrap my head around why that would be on a car with a manual transmission.

11th Gen Honda Civic ‘20 LX to ‘23 Si B14F651D-53D6-44DB-92A9-D99F97B9B3B6

11th Gen Honda Civic ‘20 LX to ‘23 Si 31EF2386-14D8-4800-A7ED-4B63C7A8FC40
11th Gen Honda Civic ‘20 LX to ‘23 Si AE40F26F-75EA-4413-9576-10CEAF89EAF8
Sponsored

Last edited:

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
My only gripe about this car so far has got to be the idle start/stop feature. I can’t wrap my head around why that would be on a car with a manual transmission.
That must be new, my 2020 Si didn't have that. Can you permanently disable it or have to do it every time? In my Focus you have to disable it every time, but it's less annoying in an automatic maybe.

OP
OP
aspitfyr

aspitfyr

First Name
Sav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, '20 FC4 (sold)
Get the front wrapped in PPF ASAP if you haven't yet. The paint likes to chip ISANELY easily. I had a few chips in mine in only 2 days before I could get PPF on it.
Unfortunately, I am used to the Honda quality paint. On my FC4 I had the same issue. However, I can’t bring myself to purchase PPF and install it given it’s more than just “slapping it on”, as I’m sure you know.

OP
OP
aspitfyr

aspitfyr

First Name
Sav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, '20 FC4 (sold)
That must be new, my 2020 Si didn't have that. Can you permanently disable it or have to do it every time? In my Focus you have to disable it every time, but it's less annoying in an automatic maybe.
This is new for the 2022+ models except for the Type R, apparently.
There is a button on the middle console to disable it, but I have to press it every time I start the car, unless I’m driving in Sport mode. Sport mode will disable it, but I don’t wish to drive in Sport mode all the time. I’m not sure if there is a solution via KTuner at this time, but I can’t say I’ve really looked in to it, either. I do know there is a kit you can buy that plugs into the center console and permanently disables the idle start/stop feature, but I haven’t purchased that yet in hopes of KTuner pulling through.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
This is new for the 2022+ models except for the Type R, apparently.
There is a button on the middle console to disable it, but I have to press it every time I start the car, unless I’m driving in Sport mode. Sport mode will disable it, but I don’t wish to drive in Sport mode all the time. I’m not sure if there is a solution via KTuner at this time, but I can’t say I’ve really looked in to it, either. I do know there is a kit you can buy that plugs into the center console and permanently disables the idle start/stop feature, but I haven’t purchased that yet in hopes of KTuner pulling through.
Hmm, that's exactly how it works in my Focus. I hope the ITS doesn't have it.

OP
OP
aspitfyr

aspitfyr

First Name
Sav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, '20 FC4 (sold)

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Do you have to remove any part of the dash on the SI or Sport Touring?

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there not a fuse that you can unplug? I thought I read that somewhere, about disconnecting the system just by unplugging a fuse. ??

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, regarding the idle stopper. I went to the web site but the reviews I read were about other models and there were some saying they did it in ten min and others saying more than an hour and had to remove some dash parts? Some saying leads were too short and such, hard to get to and install. Just trying to find out how easy it was for the SI specifically although I don't own one yet, I am interested in buying one if I can find one that is not above msrp.

OP
OP
aspitfyr

aspitfyr

First Name
Sav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, '20 FC4 (sold)
Yes, regarding the idle stopper. I went to the web site but the reviews I read were about other models and there were some saying they did it in ten min and others saying more than an hour and had to remove some dash parts? Some saying leads were too short and such, hard to get to and install. Just trying to find out how easy it was for the SI specifically although I don't own one yet, I am interested in buying one if I can find one that is not above msrp.
There is likely a fuse, but I can’t say I’ve explored that yet. Might be on tomorrow’s agenda if I get bored enough.

Most aftermarket kits I’d assume would be just plug and play. The center shifter cover area would have to be removed to access the ports, but that’s all of a 2 minute clip battle. I’m not entirely sure on IdleStopper specifically, though. I have been told by a very reliable source that KTuner is working on a fix for the idle start/stop; let’s hope they pull through so this aftermarket kit isn’t needed. Not a fan of extra wiring unless it’s absolutely necessary.

As for the MSRP, I did shop for my Si for about 2 months and the general markup was 2k-5k over. I was very fortunate to get mine for 2k over, as these cars sell very quickly. I can definitely understand wanting to get it for MSRP.

OP
OP
aspitfyr

aspitfyr

First Name
Sav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, '20 FC4 (sold)