• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Thinking about getting a manual 2022 ST

quezoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Thinking about getting the new 22 Civic ST manual. Currently have an 11 LX(so just a base car without all the tech and new features). Just doing some research, couple questions; the new civic doesn’t seem to have a sport drive mode that I know of in the ST(manual transmission), but the Si does! Am I right or wrong?

And if that’s the case, from previous gen do I still get red cluster illuminations or is it permanent blue/ green when in eco?

Follow up to previous question, if there’s no sport mode, does the suspensions stiffen like the CVT when in sport mode? Does it adjust automatically depending on how someone is driving or is it always stiff except for eco mode?

The ST CVT obviously has more features passive, active, and safety than the manual transmission version to begin with, but what makes the ST manual a sport if it does nothing sporty?
Sponsored

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
The ST manual doesn’t have sport mode. Just drive faster :)
I think the ST is the perfect blend of comfort and fun.
Pass on the CVT, manual is the way to go. If people don’t buy them this time around Honda will probably dump manual completely for the next gen. I rather row my own gears :)

as far as the CVT sport mode - the shocks are not active. Not even the Si is

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
Sport touring manual doesnt have LSD like Si sedan does. Probably won't matter to most here anyway, but some do!

arpypat

First Name
Arpan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan ABM
Nice car! The 11th gen hatchback manual looks like a winner for sure. If I didn't already have a 10th gen Si, I would probably spring for one of these.

No active damping, no red gauges, and no Sport mode. Sorry!

arpypat

First Name
Arpan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan ABM
As far as what makes it a "Sport", I think it POSSIBLY has stiffer springs compared to the base models. They all have the same sway bars.

Other than that, maybe just the 18" wheels compared to the 16" and 17" on the LX and EX models lol. I think the CVT is tuned differently on the Sport. Must be why the fuel economy is worse for a vehicle that weighs the same.

And the option to spec with a 6MT might make it worth the "Sport" name lol

Last edited:

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
As far as what makes it a "Sport", I think it POSSIBLY has stiffer springs compared to the base models. They all have the same sway bars.

Other than that, maybe just the 18" wheels compared to the 16" and 17" on the LX and EX models lol. I think the CVT is tuned differently on the Sport. Must be why the fuel economy is worse for a vehicle that weighs the same.

False
All the hatch trims have the same spring rates and shocks. There is zero difference. If you really want something with “sport” get a Type R. Even the Si is a “weak” sports car

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Sport touring manual doesnt have LSD like Si sedan does. Probably won't matter to most here anyway, but some do!
The Si even with its LSD is hardly that much more savage than a ST. Sure it will be slightly faster but it isn’t going to blow your pants off. For most people the LSD isn’t needed at all.
And if you want something for the track why bother with a Si? Get the big boss - CTR. That will blow your pants off…

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6

The Sport and Sport Touring have slightly quicker steering ratios than the LX and EX-L. But as stated the stabilizer bars front and rear are the same on all 4 hatchback models. Makes sense that there might be some slight suspension difference given the larger wheels on the Sport and Sport Touring. But I can't find that stated anywhere.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Thinking about getting the new 22 Civic ST manual. Currently have an 11 LX(so just a base car without all the tech and new features). Just doing some research, couple questions; the new civic doesn’t seem to have a sport drive mode that I know of in the ST(manual transmission), but the Si does! Am I right or wrong?

And if that’s the case, from previous gen do I still get red cluster illuminations or is it permanent blue/ green when in eco?

Follow up to previous question, if there’s no sport mode, does the suspensions stiffen like the CVT when in sport mode? Does it adjust automatically depending on how someone is driving or is it always stiff except for eco mode?

The ST CVT obviously has more features passive, active, and safety than the manual transmission version to begin with, but what makes the ST manual a sport if it does nothing sporty?
I would test drive both the ST manual and the Si in my opinion the Si will almost certainly stand out significantly.