• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Third party seats..

pbrowne

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 in 2024
Considering replacing the seats in the FL5. Partly cosmetic as I don't like the all red fabric seats with an all red car. Would have been nice for Honda to provide more options..

Has anyone done this?

There are probably legal issues to hurdle with airbags etc, so I would want/need to retain that functionality, so that's an extra problem in making those connections to the Honda system.

Brand suggestions?
Sponsored

OP
OP

pbrowne

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 in 2024
Yeah did look at covers. But would still like to explore replacement seats. But I'm gathering its too hard, esp for insurance...

Last edited:

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Just put on sunglasses... It'll blind you less with all the red going on there...

Jokes aside, I wouldn't replace the seats. Honda made them really nice with the fit and finish. As others have mentioned, seat covers would be the simplest and most logical fix.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Just put on sunglasses... It'll blind you less with all the red going on there...

Jokes aside, I wouldn't replace the seats. Honda made them really nice with the fit and finish. As others have mentioned, seat covers would be the simplest and most logical fix.
Agree. Honda did a great job on these seats. Weight is good - lighter than FK8 seat, aesthetically pleasing, appropriate material, good bolstering, livable, and functional enough for a seat harness (rear seat pass throughs and opening in bottom seat cushion)- if you decide to go in that direction. Not sure there's a better seat in the class and maybe even above. Different strokes, for different folks.

ThanksGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Several people have replaced their OEM seats with the Mugen Recaro seats using Bride rails. Spoon also makes seats that are black, along with a ton of other manufacturers like Sparco. There was another forum member that did another brand, should be able to search and find that one too. Pretty much endless options just depends what you like.

And if you want to sell your OEM ones after changing, let me know ;)

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Black ITS seats would possibly drop-in + some electrical connections + maybe brackets? Might be an option. I don’t know your goals other than getting black seats and maintaining factory safety.

jets-do-miami

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None - shopping for fl5
Considering replacing the seats in the FL5. Partly cosmetic as I don't like the all red fabric seats with an all red car. Would have been nice for Honda to provide more options..

Has anyone done this?

There are probably legal issues to hurdle with airbags etc, so I would want/need to retain that functionality, so that's an extra problem in making those connections to the Honda system.

Brand suggestions?

jets-do-miami

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None - shopping for fl5
phothrottle on yt did a seat swap - there’s weight / safety sensors on driver side, he,s also putting in diy fab rails
Sponsored