• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

finalnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
So the reduced acceleration noted in the print reviews is showing up.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
The performance numbers seem more regression than progression.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Yup. A 10th gen 1.5T would have gapped that Mazda3 from a roll, no sweat. This is all the evidence I needed of my assumption Honda detuned the CVT. For the sake of Honda, I’m really hoping the manual options in the hatchbacks and SI deliver the goods, because so far the 11th gen is looking very compromised. They have taken away some performance to improve fuel efficiency and driver amenities. It’s likely still a very solid car, but not the sporty platform it once was.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
I believe I remember seeing some folks dyno stock Tourings/Civics with the 1.5T and it was cranking more near 200hp and higher torque. The power in this gen must be more accurate to their advertisement.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Yes, stock 10th gen dynos were showing 180 hp and torque to the wheels. Looks like 11th gen, not so much. To support that, I believe Str8 Pipes said low to mid 8's with their 11th gen tester, which is obviously notably slower than the 10th gen.
Sponsored