• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Transmission fluid change

bguttery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
What went bad that you had to have it replaced?!
They didn’t say exactly, and the final report didn’t have any details. I’m just glad they were able to get a new CVT in quick and replaced. No issues since and it is running great.
Sponsored

OP
OP

em804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic EX, 1996 TL
They didn’t say exactly, and the final report didn’t have any details. I’m just glad they were able to get a new CVT in quick and replaced. No issues since and it is running great.
Did they give you a hard time about it? I'm having the car play/android auto issue with mine and you'd think I'm asking them to hand me the whole dealership over, meanwhile I'm just asking them to look into it. I can't imagine what they'd do if my transmission needed to be replaced.

bguttery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Did they give you a hard time about it? I'm having the car play/android auto issue with mine and you'd think I'm asking them to hand me the whole dealership over, meanwhile I'm just asking them to look into it. I can't imagine what they'd do if my transmission needed to be replaced.
Honestly, it was probably the easiest warranty experience I have ever had. They called me two hours after dropping it off and said they needed to replace the transmission and put me in a loaner.

Dutchsher

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Honda Civic, 15 Audi Q5 TDI, 03 Honda CR-V
I am at about 30k and the maintenance minder has A2 as the next service. This doesn't include the CVT fluid.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I am at about 30k and the maintenance minder has A2 as the next service. This doesn't include the CVT fluid.
Yeah, that's odd. I can't remember my code at 30k, but I changed it regardless. Now I'm at 50k and I'm seeing the A13 code, so looks like I'll be doing it again. :headbang:

Difficult_Art_4244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
I must be unlucky then. I have a 2022 Touring and they had to replace the transmission at 4,000 miles.
I have a 2023 Sport. My transmission also failed but instead with 25 miles on my vehicle. This happened in less of 12 hours of owning it. They did tell me a code appeared and it was a P0741 code - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off.

For reference the car still drove fine but it had higher rpm’s on the highway than it should. Essentially the transmissions torque converter was not locking up at highway speeds

I had a similar experience where they gave me a loaner and it was out a week while they waited for the new part and installed it.

To add on more to this conversation. One of my work colleagues also has a 2023 Civic Sport and his transmission failed with 2000 miles.

So it seems to me that whatever they changed with the transmission for the 11th gen has caused failures very early on. Clearly they have not fixed the issue. This happened in April of 2023 so very recently. Same goes for my colleagues car. Hopefully they are able to fix this issue because Hondas reputation as a reliable vehicle could fade. A transmission is an integral part to the vehicle. The whole situation is not Honda like at all.

The only reason I bought a Honda was for their reliability (1st time Honda owner). So we’re off to a great start lol.
Sponsored