• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Trunk tray ordered from ebay seller arrived all folded up

OP
OP
qingcong

qingcong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2013 Si, 1991 NSX
I bought mine from PRL in a similar fashion. Mine eventually straightened out naturally within a few days since I actively use the trunk space.

Also, instructions require you to trim that little piece on the right where it makes contact with the OEM sub, to make it fit flush.
Are you talking about the part circled?
11th Gen Honda Civic Trunk tray ordered from ebay seller arrived all folded up circled
Sponsored

EliCTR

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bb fl5
The piece that requires cutting is because not all countries have the subwoofer

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
AllDiscountParts is a branch of Fisher Honda in Boulder, CO, so they're an actual dealership, not just an eBay reseller. I've ordered 3 trunk trays in the last year, and each has arrived in a box measuring ~8x8x42 (not always with Honda branding, but one box did have a Honda logo) and the trays have been rolled pretty tightly inside.

This is how the distributor packs them for dealerships, and dealerships will slap a label on the box and ship them out this way. Everyone's pristine, creaseless trunk trays were once shipped like a message in a bottle, and they eventually flattened out.

It'll flatten, just give it some time or gentle heat. They flatten in no time at all in the summer.

First Name
Hong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
They all come like that, folded / rolled-up and sh*t. What did you expect, a nice flat box like in a TV? NO!
I bought both trays for my R and FIT, leave them in the trunk for a while, especially in the summer, they'll get warm and soft and will get back to their original shape. Nothing to worry about my dude. Both mine are flat as pancakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nattypiso

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CW R-05536
Are you talking about the part circled?
circled.jpg
Yes, that part will need to be trimmed off in order to fit properly. At least for my USDM FL5, since we have a subwoofer. Like someone mentioned, some countries don’t have the subwoofer so just check and verify before cutting.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
I got my FL5 a couple weeks ago and the dealer threw in a car cover and cargo tray which weren’t in-stock(of course). Today my sales guy went to ship the cargo tray to me and UPS tried to charge $300 to ship the thing as-packed. Then they said they could do it for less if they folded it up. Nope. So I’ll be driving down to pick it up this weekend lol. No way would I want it folded up. It would probably flatten out over time, but I don’t think it would ever be perfect. OP I would return that tray and buy a new one from a local dealer(order it if necessary). Maybe I’m just too OCD lol.
My dealer forgot to put it in the car when I picked it up so they shipped it to me too. Luckily, it was shipped in a flat box. Arrived perfect. Shame others are getting them rolled, but they should flatten. A few hot days parked in the sun should do it

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
put it in the trunk. fold down one of the seats. and crank the heat on max with recirculate on for 30 min. should get it warm enough to flatten it out.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Looking better already. Don't stress it. : )
Sponsored