• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Unsolicited & Positive Review: Tires/Wheels

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Since receiving my CTR in January, I’ve been researching wheels and tires. The decision for my next set of tires was relatively easy since I preferred to stay with 19” wheels (i.e., not a great many choices at present). After reading 50+ surveys and speaking with a nationally acclaimed expert, I decided to go with the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect tires, which are well-suited for our warm-to-hot, year-round temperatures, although they do have some drawbacks during wet road conditions.

Deciding upon new wheels was more challenging as there are many attractive, lighter, and stronger wheels available; my three major criteria. The OEM wheels are heavy and lack a high-quality finish. Reverse mounting adds another disadvantage. I could list about a dozen nice wheels that are lighter and stronger than the standard Honda wheels, and another dozen that I think are better looking. Finding all three ended up being Honda’s Forged wheels. I like their appearance, lighter weight, greater strength, cost, and that they are more in keeping with the original design.

My first attempt to purchase the wheels and tires (plus center caps, valves, mounting and balancing) was at the original dealership. I nearly hurled my breakfast burrito on the Parts Dept. counter when the clerk quoted me a price. To add insult to injury, I was told that I had to pay the full price in advance, that as a “Special Order” there could be no returns, and that the anticipated delivery could be anywhere from 4-6 weeks (Tire Rack was also back ordered with no ETA given). With BS detectors fully pegged, I left and went to another Honda dealership. Same story, although they did quote a $50 lower price - whoopee. An online Honda dealership was offering the wheels, and for a time with free shipping, but upon detailed inquiry; center caps were a lot extra. Oh well, on to e-bay and other websites. The lowest price that I could find was still beyond my sensibilities and didn’t include mounting, etc.

Thank goodness for being referred to Justin Edward Adams and the glowing reports of peoples’ interactions with him. I contacted Justin and from the initial communication was impressed. He was patient as I navigated all of the codswallop PayPal was giving me, and found him to be immediately accessible – even late at night. And when delays arose with the freight company, he intervened immediately on my behalf. If you haven’t done business with Justin, then you’re in for a treat as his customer service is absolutely incredible. And, the dude’s a Renaissance Man. Not only is he a legit Honda Parts expert, but also a recognized professional photographer! I’ve NEVER had a better buying experience from someone as trust worthy and reliable in their operations. If you’re interested in buying accessories for your Honda and/or Acura from a genuine expert, then please let Justin give you a quote. You will not be disappointed!
Sponsored