• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Water leak on hatchback

Eleeshuh

First Name
Elisha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
Hey all! I just bought a new Civic hatchback sport touring. Following the first rainy day since having the vehicle, I opened the hatch and water started pouring out. The water comes from the bottom of the hatch door in the plastic seam. It does not leak when lowered, only when raised.
I plan on calling the dealership tomorrow but was wondering if anyone else had this experience and how it was remedied.
Sponsored

surftheweb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
My Civic Sport Touring Hatch M/T is doing this as well. Water leaking out the hatch plastic seam. I called the dealer and they reported 3 others also had this issue but haven't investigated it yet. Please let us know what the dealer finds.

There was also mention of a similar issue on reddit where there seems to be an issue with one of the window seals.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Man... ever since they left Swindon... ;)

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Its 15F outside and my hatch touring doesn't have any water coming out of it

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
Its 15F outside and my hatch touring doesn't have any water coming out of it
Heres it’s been between 35°-45° since I bought my hatch. Def rained a few times since I’ve had it, and thankfully no water leaks. Fingers crossed ?? and keeping an eye on it like the rest of y’all ??

golfgl17

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
I have a 2022 Sport Touring. I have the same exact issue you described. I only have only 121 miles on mine. I have searched some other forums and have a found a few others complaining about this.

Last edited:

JJD

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I’m also having this same issue with my 2022 hatchback sport touring. It leaked from inside the panels of the hatch door after a rainy day. Dealership says they’ve never seen that before and could not replicate the problem. I took pics and videos to prove it since I know they can’t fix anything unless they can replicate the problem. I also sent the videos to Honda. Waiting on a response from Honda. I think it’s a manufacturing defect. I’ve had other issues since I got the car just one year ago. They already had to fix the rear view mirror inside that just fell off and had to change the rubber seal around the drivers window. The rubber seal around the drivers window started falling off within days of getting the car (bought it brand new off the truck). The pieces around the rear view mirror just fell off after several months. It’s just one thing after another.

11th Gen Honda Civic Water leak on hatchback D2A6743E-1E4C-4448-9302-CAACA7C87FE5

JJD

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Civic Sport Touring Hatch M/T is doing this as well. Water leaking out the hatch plastic seam. I called the dealer and they reported 3 others also had this issue but haven't investigated it yet. Please let us know what the dealer finds.

There was also mention of a similar issue on reddit where there seems to be an issue with one of the window seals.
Did the dealership fix it? Mine couldn’t replicate it so they did nothing.

surftheweb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Did the dealership fix it? Mine couldn’t replicate it so they did nothing.
Have them replace the tail light gasket. To replicate I believe you have to dump water on the exterior of the hatch, then lift the hatch, wait some time, reclose the hatch, wait some time, and then lift it again. Mine wouldn't leak after the first hatch lift but would come streaming out after subsequent lifts.

JJD

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! I’ll ask them to do that. They said didn’t replicate it but when I picked it up it was leaking again.

Illuvium

First Name
dano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gti
Thank you! I’ll ask them to do that. They said didn’t replicate it but when I picked it up it was leaking again.
So have you identified where water is entering? I have one on order I wonder how widespread this is?

JJD

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, they replaced the rear window seal. It hasn’t leaked again but it hasn’t rained as much as it did when I noticed the leak.
Sponsored