• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

walnut

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R CW
Always liked the Legamax for the FK8s. The price jump from the FK8 to FL5 catback is crazy.
It really is, the Legamax is the only one out right now that checks all the boxes for me. I was considering waiting for the 27won exhaust based off the tone on their fk8 exhaust but I couldn't wait any longer and decided I didn't mind losing the 3 tip exhaust

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Put in an envelope style trunk net. No more milk rolling around on the red boot mat on a spirited drive home from the shops :cool:

IMG_5223.jpg
Is this a Honda accessory? If so, can you share the part number? I would like to add this to my trunk also.

Shingo Shoji

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - Championship White
Is this a Honda accessory? If so, can you share the part number? I would like to add this to my trunk also.
It's from Trunknet. The good news is that it's really cheap not bein OEM.

Avaliable on Amazon, just search for "Trunknet envelope style civic 2023". It's a great addition. Good luck.

Lancenfstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Civic Type R
Figured I'd install the prl turbo inlet as well. However I noticed the hose connecting the airbox to the breather is a tad bit short, also am I tightening the clamps too hard in the 3rd pic?
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? unnamed (6)
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? unnamed (7)
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? unnamed (5)

TEAMM_AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Forester XT, 2018 CTR
Figured I'd install the prl turbo inlet as well. However I noticed the hose connecting the airbox to the breather is a tad bit short, also am I tightening the clamps too hard in the 3rd pic?
unnamed (6).jpg
unnamed (7).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg
judging from the pictures, looks as if the couplers are not seated properly/evenly. I suggest loosening all the clamps and adjust so it’s on even/flat, then tighten to PRL’s torque spec. I believe it’s around 30 in lb. Coupler should not deform and the clamps should be even as well. There’s a few clamps that sitting at an angle

Shingo Shoji

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - Championship White
I had the rubbish OEM honda speakers upgraded to Infinity Primus speakers today (in Australia we don't get the BOSE but do get parking sensors and folding mirrors). The stock speakers were laughably bad. No bass or definition. Bang for buck the Infinity are really good and it has been a great upgrade.

While the door panels were off I aksed them to upgrade the sound deadning from the sticky black stuff that was under there doing nothing. They did two layers which will improve the sound quality and so far has improved the road noise. I know...weight, but it's worth it just to tone down the road noise in Australia with our coarse chipseal roads.

Big thanks to Protunes Car Audio.Really happy with the attention to detail. They did two layers of sound deadening and protected the car well.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_9503

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_9505

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
I had the rubbish OEM honda speakers upgraded to Infinity Primus speakers today (in Australia we don't get the BOSE but do get parking sensors and folding mirrors). The stock speakers were laughably bad. No bass or definition. Bang for buck the Infinity are really good and it has been a great upgrade.

While the door panels were off I aksed them to upgrade the sound deadning from the sticky black stuff that was under there doing nothing. They did two layers which will improve the sound quality and so far has improved the road noise. I know...weight, but it's worth it just to tone down the road noise in Australia with our coarse chipseal roads.

Big thanks to Protunes Car Audio.Really happy with the attention to detail. They did two layers of sound deadening and protected the car well.

IMG_9503.jpg

IMG_9505.jpg
Good idea!
You're not missing anything with the Bose either. I'm pretty disappointed with it overall... there is so much road noise you can't hear any bass. It sounds pretty generic. Too bad these cars no longer have a dedicated head unit that you can upgrade.... it's all wrapped up in the computer.
Sponsored