• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shingo Shoji

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - Championship White
Finally got around to fixing the annoying dash rattle behind the infotainment screen. Pretty easy job in the end. This was after the dealership trying to fix it three times. Couldn’t see any evidence of a fix other than them maybe tightening the screws.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_5316
Sponsored

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Finally got around to fixing the annoying dash rattle behind the infotainment screen. Pretty easy job in the end. This was after the dealership trying to fix it three times. Couldn’t see any evidence of a fix other than them maybe tightening the screws.

IMG_5316.jpeg
How does dynamat resolve the issue? Is that panel itself vibrating?

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
My guess is it just deadens any vibrations/sounds . It doesn’t appear it’s for contact areas to minimize tolerances of contact .

Lancenfstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Civic Type R
Finished with all the under-the-hood mods I want to do for now (mishimoto coolant tank, PRL turbo inlet + filter with stock airbox, CSF radiator, PRL rear motor mount, pedal spacer). Had a local shop did a track inspection, fluid flush + installing paragon pads for some track days later this month.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? unnamed (12)

Shingo Shoji

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - Championship White
It’s vibrating when the dash is cold. The Dynamat adds mass and stops vibration (there’s a neat video online where someone applies a small square to a cymbal and it totally deadens the sound). Anyway it’s worked for me. I also reached under the dash and applied some there as the general dash area now vibrates on coarse roads. So far it’s working.

Credit to HATTRK for this fix.

TO_FL5_CW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5
Finished with all the under-the-hood mods I want to do for now (mishimoto coolant tank, PRL turbo inlet + filter with stock airbox, CSF radiator, PRL rear motor mount, pedal spacer). Had a local shop did a track inspection, fluid flush + installing paragon pads for some track days later this month.

unnamed (12).jpg
Any particular reason you didn't want PRL HVI?

DragonRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, n bikes
tested out a rattle can red for the antenna, and will probably make the stock spoiler also red. It was a $10 antenna cover and rustolume I already had. Also looks like a tiny hat on the clown face the red mirror covers created.
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 20240526_091816
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 20240526_091712

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621 - sold | 2023 CTR #16980
tested out a rattle can red for the antenna, and will probably make the stock spoiler also red. It was a $10 antenna cover and rustolume I already had. Also looks like a tiny hat on the clown face the red mirror covers created.
20240526_091816.jpg
20240526_091712.jpg
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 1716758506766-1t

DragonRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, n bikes
became rather upset with myself for not seeing the tree snot in the shadows on a corner. Then releived that I spent nothing on paint correction or PPF film. At least I'm older and have full insurance, so really just time to fix and a few k for my deductable. "I older and have more insurance" bonus points for movie reference. Any auto repair folks have a guess if it is totaled?? My amature guess is 10-20k so they won't total it??
"
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? ouch
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: