• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar and FK8 CTR front springs installed.

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2019 Nissan Titan, 2017 Yamaha FZ10
Since getting the Si I've always felt it handled really good for a stock car, it definitely could be way better though. I wanted a bit more spring rate and body motion control without going to aftermarket lowering springs or coilovers. I got the Si as a really fun to drive daily that gets good gas mileage, I don't want to have to deal with a lowered car, and wanted to keep decent ride quality.

I installed a Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar which is pretty straight forward. You should order the Accord end links and 10th gen civic bushing brackets for the new sway bar. The only issue I encountered was I couldn't snake the stock sway bar out without having to remove the riveted together mounting brackets. I had to use a angled die grinder to break the rivets, once the brackets were removed from the bushings, the bar was able to be removed.

After doing a ton of research on springs (OEM and aftermarket) I really liked the spring rates on the Swift and Whiteline 10th gen lowering springs. The FD2 CTR OEM spring rates also looked really good too. I saw that by keeping the stock Si rear springs and getting a set of FK8 CTR front springs I should keep factory ride height and increase the spring rate a good bit from ~155 lb/in to ~263 lb/in. It would also keep a really good front to rear spring stagger to keep the handling great too. I found a used set of CTR springs with about 500 miles on them that had been sitting in a guys garage for the past 2 years taking up space. You should be able to pickup a set for less than $100, I got mine for $75 picked up about 20 minutes from my house.

10th gen FC Si OEM F: 144lbR: 208lb
10th gen FK8 CTR OEMF: 263lbR: 235lb
11th gen FE Si OEMF: 155lbR: 320lb
Swift SiF: 229lbR: 319lb
Swift CTRF: 352lbR: 414lb
Whiteline 10th genF: 253lbR: 286lb
8th gen FD2 CTR OEMF: 294lbR: 345lb
FK8 front + 11th gen Si rearF: 263lbR: 320lb

Installing the front springs was a breeze, it can be done with hand tools, spring compressor, a jack, and jack stands. Took me about 2 hours from setup to clean up. A couple of notes on installation: The springs are coiled in opposite directions when you compare the left and rights springs, also the top and bottom of the springs are different, so they can only be installed one way. You need to use the spring compressors to remove the OEM Si springs, but you don't need to compress the OEM CTR springs to install them. The OEM CTR springs are heavier, have fatter coils, but are a bit shorter so you can get the top nut started before you encounter spring preload. Right now the front of the car is sitting about 1/4" higher with the CTR springs, but I think the springs will settle another 1/4-1/3" over next month or so, putting right back to stock ride height.

The car corners extremely flat now, and honestly very well controlled. I had some concern that upping the front spring rate so much would cause the front struts to be overwhelmed and be bouncy, but they dampen the rebound without issue. I would bet the struts being still new with only around 2500 miles on them helps. The turn in feels more responsive and hitting mid corner bumps doesn't really seem to upset the chassis a whole lot since we're keeping all the suspension travel in tact. Going over a speed bump or a bumpy road I could feel an imbalance where front springs felt much softer under compression than the rear. Now the car feels way more balanced in spring rate. Another thing I noticed right away was how much brake dive was reduced under really hard braking. The next things on my list are dialing in some front camber and a set of 245/40-18 summer tires with lightweight wheels.
Sponsored

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Great write up and comparison! I installed 10th gen Tein Tech H springs and do not like them. The conservative drop (~0.8 in) looks great but the springs are waaay too soft and lack the flat cornering characteristics of the stock springs. I also installed a CTR rear sway bar but the softer springs have muted the effect of the new bar. The 11th gen Si really is a GREAT stock handling car so my next set will likely be the Swift 10th gen Si springs to retain stockish spring rates with a conservative drop of about and inch.

-Jamie

OP
OP
DYI01

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great write up and comparison! I installed 10th gen Tein Tech H springs and do not like them. The conservative drop (~0.8 in) looks great but the springs are waaay too soft and lack the flat cornering characteristics of the stock springs. I also installed a CTR rear sway bar but the softer springs have muted the effect of the new bar. The 11th gen Si really is a GREAT stock handling car so my next set will likely be the Swift 10th gen Si springs to retain stockish spring rates with a conservative drop of about and inch.

-Jamie
Yea both sets of Tein springs have rates that are far too soft. They are more geared for people that are looking for looks and supple ride quality, but not so much for people looking to rail some corners on a backroad. I think the Swift springs are probably the best off the shelf lowering springs for the 10th and 11th gen platforms out right now. Super high quality springs with rates that offer really good handling and ride quality. If I wanted a lowering spring, I likely would have bought a set of the Swift springs.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Since getting the Si I've always felt it handled really good for a stock car, it definitely could be way better though. I wanted a bit more spring rate and body motion control without going to aftermarket lowering springs or coilovers. I got the Si as a really fun to drive daily that gets good gas mileage, I don't want to have to deal with a lowered car, and wanted to keep decent ride quality.

I installed a Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar which is pretty straight forward. You should order the Accord end links and 10th gen civic bushing brackets for the new sway bar. The only issue I encountered was I couldn't snake the stock sway bar out without having to remove the riveted together mounting brackets. I had to use a angled die grinder to break the rivets, once the brackets were removed from the bushings, the bar was able to be removed.

After doing a ton of research on springs (OEM and aftermarket) I really liked the spring rates on the Swift and Whiteline 10th gen lowering springs. The FD2 CTR OEM spring rates also looked really good too. I saw that by keeping the stock Si rear springs and getting a set of FK8 CTR front springs I should keep factory ride height and increase the spring rate a good bit from ~155 lb/in to ~263 lb/in. It would also keep a really good front to rear spring stagger to keep the handling great too. I found a used set of CTR springs with about 500 miles on them that had been sitting in a guys garage for the past 2 years taking up space. You should be able to pickup a set for less than $100, I got mine for $75 picked up about 20 minutes from my house.

10th gen FC Si OEMF: 144lbR: 208lb
10th gen FK8 CTR OEMF: 263lbR: 235lb
11th gen FE Si OEMF: 155lbR: 320lb
Swift SiF: 229lbR: 319lb
Swift CTRF: 352lbR: 414lb
Whiteline 10th genF: 253lbR: 286lb
8th gen FD2 CTR OEMF: 294lbR: 345lb
FK8 front + 11th gen Si rearF: 263lbR: 320lb

Installing the front springs was a breeze, it can be done with hand tools, spring compressor, a jack, and jack stands. Took me about 2 hours from setup to clean up. A couple of notes on installation: The springs are coiled in opposite directions when you compare the left and rights springs, also the top and bottom of the springs are different, so they can only be installed one way. You need to use the spring compressors to remove the OEM Si springs, but you don't need to compress the OEM CTR springs to install them. The OEM CTR springs are heavier, have fatter coils, but are a bit shorter so you can get the top nut started before you encounter spring preload. Right now the front of the car is sitting about 1/4" higher with the CTR springs, but I think the springs will settle another 1/4-1/3" over next month or so, putting right back to stock ride height.

The car corners extremely flat now, and honestly very well controlled. I had some concern that upping the front spring rate so much would cause the front struts to be overwhelmed and be bouncy, but they dampen the rebound without issue. I would bet the struts being still new with only around 2500 miles on them helps. The turn in feels more responsive and hitting mid corner bumps doesn't really seem to upset the chassis a whole lot since we're keeping all the suspension travel in tact. Going over a speed bump or a bumpy road I could feel an imbalance where front springs felt much softer under compression than the rear. Now the car feels way more balanced in spring rate. Another thing I noticed right away was how much brake dive was reduced under really hard braking. The next things on my list are dialing in some front camber and a set of 245/40-18 summer tires with lightweight wheels.
Great write up and feedback! I’m surprised that the rear spring rate on the 11th Si was increased so much which explains the stiffer ride from a lot of reviewers. I’m in the same boat as you and want reasonable stiffer rates with none to very little drop. What are your thoughts on your hybrid setup but on a 10th Si?

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Quick update on my quest for a conservative drop but with stockish spring rates-I installed the 10th gen Swift Spec R springs and liked the handling but I had some notable "clunkiness" from the front end in slow parking lot speeds. So much so that I put the stock springs back on and makes me think I should have left well enough alone! I may install the whiteline rear sway bar at some point and call it a day. I've gotten REALLY good at suspension work on this car. If anyone wants a set of Tein H spec or Swift Spec R springs let me know. :)

OP
OP
DYI01

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's disappointing to hear, at least the suspension on this car is really easy to work on. I would definitely install that Whiteline rear bar, and if you're so inclined try and find a used set of OEM FK8 front springs.

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
with my current set of Silver's coils, im very happy with the performance and to be honest with you is less bumpy than stock suspension, i have 7K swift springs all around very mild setup.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Whiteline rear sway bar installed. I undid the exhaust hangers by the rear suspension and placed a piece of 2x4 between exhaust and suspension. This allowed enough room to remove the old sway bar without cutting off the attached mounts.
Parts used:
Whiteline 22mm sway bar BHR97Z
Honda Accord sway bar links( factory are composite plastic) 52320-TLB-A00
Civic brackets 5238-TGH-A00

Also installed FK8 front springs. I really like the feel.

11th Gen Honda Civic Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar and FK8 CTR front springs installed. PXL_20220702_181144349

Last edited:
OP
OP
DYI01

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great write up and feedback! I’m surprised that the rear spring rate on the 11th Si was increased so much which explains the stiffer ride from a lot of reviewers. I’m in the same boat as you and want reasonable stiffer rates with none to very little drop. What are your thoughts on your hybrid setup but on a 10th Si?
I think the same FK8 front and FE1 rear spring setup would work great on a 10th gen just fine, its a great OEM+ no drop upgrade.

Whiteline rear sway bar installed. I undid the exhaust hangers by the rear suspension and placed a piece of 2x4 between exhaust and suspension. This allowed enough room to remove the old sway bar without cutting off the attached mounts.
Parts used:
Whiteline 22mm sway bar BHR97Z
Honda Accord sway bar links( factory are composite plastic) 52320-TLB-A00
Civic brackets 5238-TGH-A00

Also installed FK8 front springs. I really like the feel.

PXL_20220702_181144349.jpg
That's a pretty good idea to pull the hangers and lower the exhaust to snake the swaybar out. I would have done that if I knew or thought to do that lol. My monkey brain went straight to cut the shit up. I'm glad someone else has tried the FK8 front springs, It's such a great OEM+ upgrade for people that don't want to go lower.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the same FK8 front and FE1 rear spring setup would work great on a 10th gen just fine, its a great OEM+ no drop upgrade.
Thanks for the inspiration! I just got a set of low mileage FK8 springs and will go with that first and see how it goes. Too hard to source some FE1 rear springs at this time anyway.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP has the front ride height settled more now back to original stock height? Can you post any pics?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
OP has the front ride height settled more now back to original stock height? Can you post any pics?
I have the same setup. Ride height has not changed just firmer ride.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Reactions: V4V
OP
OP
DYI01

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, my springs did eventually did settle. It's took a while longer than I thought they would.

11th Gen Honda Civic Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar and FK8 CTR front springs installed. PXL_20220823_150150446.MP

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Thanks for the write up. Got mine installed this weekend. Easy job, maybe two or three hours tops. I was able to get away with just undoing the two exhaust hangers nearest the sway bar.

11th Gen Honda Civic Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar and FK8 CTR front springs installed. 00D9BC73-A78F-4F01-B040-DA9B62A3061F
Sponsored