• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2019 Nissan Titan, 2017 Yamaha FZ10
I Just installed a set of the Whiteline Performance lower, rear control arm bushings. The install went super smoothly, no issues. I just put the car on ramps and dropped the rear of the undertray to gain access to the bushings. The bushing inserts are a super tight press fit into the OEM bushings. Basically use the provided lube liberally and get to pushing. I got the inserts lined up by hand and was able to press them in about 1/4 of the way. I switched over to using the wooden handle of a hammer, leveraged against a part of the underbody to press about 90% of the way, and then used a 10mm socket as a shim to get it the last 10% Install took less than an hour from setting up the ramps to putting them away.

I did some searching and haven't read any reviews or much of any chatter about anyone installing these bushing inserts, even on 10th gens. I figured I would give them a try since they were pretty cheap with the Whiteline holiday sale, and looked reasonably simple to install. I was close to being a guinea pig for the 10th gen ALK, but I didn't want to spend ~$250, take apart the whole front suspension to remove the OEM bushings only to find out they might not be compatible with the 11th gen. I'll let someone else do that lol.

As for driving impressions, I immediately felt the turn in felt much more direct, not that the the Si wasn't direct to begin with. I would say I feels like about a 10% increase in sharpness of turn in. You get a lot more communication through the steering wheel of what the front tires are doing. The entire front end feels a lot stiffer over rough roads and speed bumps. There is a very slight increase of NVH at speed, but honestly I think just changing out the OEM Goodyear all season tires would make a huge difference since they are so damn noisy at speed. I would say for the ease of install, and cost of the bushing inserts, I would definitely recommend these to people that are into spirited driving on backroads, track, or autocross.

11th Gen Honda Civic Whiteline Performance lower, rear control arm bushings installed on 2022 Civic Si - impressions / review kRA7IxM

Before installing the bushing inserts

11th Gen Honda Civic Whiteline Performance lower, rear control arm bushings installed on 2022 Civic Si - impressions / review XGUBG8B

After install.

11th Gen Honda Civic Whiteline Performance lower, rear control arm bushings installed on 2022 Civic Si - impressions / review sBMbem

Another angle after install.
Sponsored

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
I have the Superpro front control arms on my 10th gen Si which has poly bushings on the front and rear points. This was my favorite mod by far. Like you said steering feel was improved noticeably but for the 10th gen even more so compared to the 11th gen since the 10ths baseline is lower. The Whiteline inserts werenā€™t available at the time for me so itā€™s a nice cheap upgrade now. I would bet the 10th gen ALK or control arms fit the 11th but wouldnā€™t want to find out the hard way eitherā€¦ lol

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
I've been looking for a thread like this!! We missed out on the opportunity to install front suspension parts as well on an 11th that came to the shop for a clutch kit recently, so I've been searching through the forum to see if anyone's done it.

Research looking at part diagrams and pn's said Yes, but this is the first evidence of it. @pinhead66 @DYI01 or anyone, if you'd like to take on some more Whiteline parts, please PM me as I can definitely work out a good price for you in exchange for the content you provide. Thanks!

Humza

ClarkDX

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I have the Superpro front control arms on my 10th gen Si which has poly bushings on the front and rear points. This was my favorite mod by far. Like you said steering feel was improved noticeably but for the 10th gen even more so compared to the 11th gen since the 10ths baseline is lower. The Whiteline inserts werenā€™t available at the time for me so itā€™s a nice cheap upgrade now. I would bet the 10th gen ALK or control arms fit the 11th but wouldnā€™t want to find out the hard way eitherā€¦ lol
We're looking to get Superpro as well. Highly recommended by a friend mechanic. We'll start the mod project this weekend once we mounted the rear bumper, winch, and dually wheels on the F350.
Sponsored