Sponsored

Head gasket warranty extension?

Cueyo

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
22
Messages
979
Reaction score
750
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type R
Si's L15ca is literally same engine in the accord. Who knows. Time will tell.
I suspect the CA will do better than the B7 since it runs almost 3 pounds less boost stock.
 
Last edited:

AZCWTypeR

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
516
Reaction score
415
Location
Yavapi County, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Is it really less common on si?
A while back I saw that expressed on this forum by a Honda tech. I assume it regarded stock Si engines.

My advice is run premium fuel and don't lug the engine.

Ford got rid of coolant saw cuts and cross-drilled their blocks. I wish Honda did the same.
 

cryptolime

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2023
Threads
51
Messages
761
Reaction score
407
Location
Wilmington, NC
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
A while back I saw that expressed on this forum by a Honda tech. I assume it regarded stock Si engines.

My advice is run premium fuel and don't lug the engine.

Ford got rid of coolant saw cuts and cross-drilled their blocks. I wish Honda did the same.
agreed. i definitely wouldn't use anything less than 91 octane with these engines, even on the CVTs.
Sponsored

 
 







Top