nojeebs
Senior Member
- First Name
- Justin
- Joined
- Sep 20, 2017
- Threads
- 2
- Messages
- 212
- Reaction score
- 497
- Location
- Los Angeles
- Vehicle(s)
- 25 FL5
- Build Thread
- Link
- Thread starter
- #211
Sunday funday for no one except the mosquitoes that got to feed on my legs.
I thought I'd knock out all 3 motor mounts (Cobb RMM, Wunderladen PMM and TMM).
Got the Cobb one done quickly and moved onto the PMM next. Got everything removed and then assembled the PMM before dropping it in....annnnnnd it doesn't fit. I was like hmm...maybe I just need to move the engine a bit to have the holes line up. Nope. They sent me the 11th gen 1.5t.
Ok quick pause. So when the pre-order for the PMM came up I immediately placed an order. In my haste I ordered the 1.5t one. Fast forward to just a couple of weeks ago I saw people getting them in and was like oh I should check my order......yeah dumb dumb move. But I contacted them and they were able to make the change since it didn't ship yet and said they still have some in stock so it'll ship right away.
Unpause. So yeah they still sent me the wrong one. Put the oem one back in but I had to use one the Wunderladen bolts since I took out the guide stud. Hopefully I don't have to drive around too long like that as it seemed a bit shallow in the thread department due to the oem one being so thick.
The quality and finish on this piece is so good. Cobb still putting in solid R&D.
I used a pickle fork to pry down the mount and that bolt was easy to remove. I'm sure having only 6.5k miles on the chassis makes it easier to get this shit done. I still got PTSD from working on my 2004 M3.
Need to go for a drive! Oh shit that just reminded me. I didn't close the garage cause I felt so defeated and needed to take a cold shower. BRB.
And back to being depressed for the day....oddly enough the most annoying part of the PMM install is having to remove the black bracket that connects to the mount. There's a 14mm that's hard to get to due to the ac hardlines. I couldn't fit my ratcheting wrench so I had to do it the old school way of rolling my eyes and turning the bolt one side at a time.

There's no instructions yet for the PMM from Wunderladen but I assumed this nut they provided was to be used with the oem nut to do the "double nut" locking method so I can remove the guide stud. I'm trying my best to not make a stupid joke.
Looks like I would just need plate that connects to the bushing replaced. Hopefully they have spare ones so I can get the FL5 sent out asap. Someone tag Austin! jk don't I'm sure he's busy enough.

And that ends my one free day to work on the car. I'm now off to zap all these mosquito bits with this lifesaver device: Beurer BiteX Original Insect Sting & Bite Relief BR60. Highly recommend one if you're ok with some minor pain, it basically zaps you with sustained heat. The sadist in me likes it....just like how I love to uninstall and reinstall oem motor mounts.
I thought I'd knock out all 3 motor mounts (Cobb RMM, Wunderladen PMM and TMM).
Got the Cobb one done quickly and moved onto the PMM next. Got everything removed and then assembled the PMM before dropping it in....annnnnnd it doesn't fit. I was like hmm...maybe I just need to move the engine a bit to have the holes line up. Nope. They sent me the 11th gen 1.5t.
Ok quick pause. So when the pre-order for the PMM came up I immediately placed an order. In my haste I ordered the 1.5t one. Fast forward to just a couple of weeks ago I saw people getting them in and was like oh I should check my order......yeah dumb dumb move. But I contacted them and they were able to make the change since it didn't ship yet and said they still have some in stock so it'll ship right away.
Unpause. So yeah they still sent me the wrong one. Put the oem one back in but I had to use one the Wunderladen bolts since I took out the guide stud. Hopefully I don't have to drive around too long like that as it seemed a bit shallow in the thread department due to the oem one being so thick.
The quality and finish on this piece is so good. Cobb still putting in solid R&D.
I used a pickle fork to pry down the mount and that bolt was easy to remove. I'm sure having only 6.5k miles on the chassis makes it easier to get this shit done. I still got PTSD from working on my 2004 M3.
Need to go for a drive! Oh shit that just reminded me. I didn't close the garage cause I felt so defeated and needed to take a cold shower. BRB.
And back to being depressed for the day....oddly enough the most annoying part of the PMM install is having to remove the black bracket that connects to the mount. There's a 14mm that's hard to get to due to the ac hardlines. I couldn't fit my ratcheting wrench so I had to do it the old school way of rolling my eyes and turning the bolt one side at a time.
There's no instructions yet for the PMM from Wunderladen but I assumed this nut they provided was to be used with the oem nut to do the "double nut" locking method so I can remove the guide stud. I'm trying my best to not make a stupid joke.
Looks like I would just need plate that connects to the bushing replaced. Hopefully they have spare ones so I can get the FL5 sent out asap. Someone tag Austin! jk don't I'm sure he's busy enough.
And that ends my one free day to work on the car. I'm now off to zap all these mosquito bits with this lifesaver device: Beurer BiteX Original Insect Sting & Bite Relief BR60. Highly recommend one if you're ok with some minor pain, it basically zaps you with sustained heat. The sadist in me likes it....just like how I love to uninstall and reinstall oem motor mounts.
