• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The HQ color renders look great. My only note on them is I believe the front grille (where the emblem is attached) will be body color and not black/chrome, just like it is on the new fit.

i actually like the new front end. It’s the back (of the sedan and hatch) that bothers me the most.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
no HUD (Heads Up Display)???

:puke:
...I'm not sure how you could possibly know that at this point. TBD, I'd say. Although imo it's not a make-or-break feature, regardless

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
...I'm not sure how you could possibly know that at this point. TBD, I'd say. Although imo it's not a make-or-break feature, regardless
I dunnu...based on the actual top view picture of the dash??

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dunnu...based on the actual top view picture of the dash??
The renders also show missing panels where buttons/switchgear should be, and missing gauges/vents. Point is, they aren't showing every single feature of the dash. HUD could still be an option for higher trim levels.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The renders also show missing panels where buttons/switchgear should be, and missing gauges/vents. Point is, they aren't showing every single feature of the dash. HUD could still be an option for higher trim levels.

We'll see.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We'll see.
Indeed. I think there's a chance, although they may want to keep it an Accord-only feature for now

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Indeed. I think there's a chance, although they may want to keep it an Accord-only feature for now
That would be a big mistake to make it exclusive for the more upscale and expensive Accord sedan.
As Americans, you might not be reflecting about this, but the Accord is an North American exclusive model....the Civic is a 'world car'

Limit a upcoming feature such a HUD system to a model thats only available to one part of the world, would be a big mistake if you know that direct competitors are offering it into their more affordable models.

You can argue if its fair to compare entry level models of luxury brands as a direct competitor, but the A class and the 2 series have it (okay, chances are big its an option at the highest trim levels).

A more price competitive (though a crossover suv) Hyundai Kona are available with it.

The Mini's too.

The Subaru WRX.

And most important, the Mazda 3 can be equiped with it.

Honda being a tech company, it would be nice if they also jumped on the hud-ship in this segment.

I'm curious how the interior will end up looking and feeling.
The fact many suggests its using some Accord bits and pieces is hopeful...

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Here is a composite view of the dashboard compared to the current 10th gen Civic interior.

Civic dashboard comparison.JPG
Looks like they're moving to a dash mounted infotainment screen. Hoping they go widescreen or something bigger than the 7" we have now.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I would guess that whatever screen is in the current accord will most likely be in the new civic, unless honda plans to introduce a totally new screen for the civic and refreshed accord, which is always possible. Assuming these renderings are of base trim levels only, it could be that the base LX/Sport are getting a smaller screen and upper trims could see an even larger screen.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Looks like they're moving to a dash mounted infotainment screen. Hoping they go widescreen or something bigger than the 7" we have now.
Personally I don't like this style (Audi) of infotainment integration. It's been done for years now...is getting boring..

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
I would guess that whatever screen is in the current accord will most likely be in the new civic, unless honda plans to introduce a totally new screen for the civic and refreshed accord, which is always possible. Assuming these renderings are of base trim levels only, it could be that the base LX/Sport are getting a smaller screen and upper trims could see an even larger screen.
It'd be something similar to the Accord.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic (11th gen) Dashboard, Steering Wheel, Bumpers, Lighting Revealed 1602663471145

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Yes and no. The Accord has more of the curvy, swoopy look our 10th gen has. The 11th gen render seems more upright and boxy looking. Like something you'd see in a sporty truck. Odd really.
Yes, and looks like back to 90s..
Sponsored