• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Sedan First Official Image! Specs and Info Coming April 28 2022-Honda-Civic-Sedan

Honda Offers First Look at All-New 11th Generation Civic Sedan
April 14, 2021
  • Inside and out, all-new Civic is a modern expression of Honda's human-centered design philosophy
  • 2022 Civic Sedan readied for mass production at Honda plant in Canada
  • Popular Civic Tour returns for 20th anniversary of the concert series
  • More information, specs and assets coming April 28
Honda offered the first official exterior look at the production 2022 Civic Sedan today as preparations for the start of mass production near completion at Honda of Canada Mfg. in Alliston, Canada. Previewed last November with the Civic Prototype, the 2022 Civic Sedan is the most fun to drive and technologically advanced sedan in the model's nearly 50-year history.

Inspired by the timeless design and human-focused values of past Civics, designers and engineers prioritized Honda's human-centered design philosophy, which maximizes the total environment for the driver and passengers, while minimizing the space needed for mechanical components. The goal is to increase the driver's ability to enjoy the car safely. The result is a sporty new look and an all-new simple and sporty interior that advances essential Civic values of uncluttered design, simple ergonomics and exceptional visibility.

As Honda gears up for Civic's arrival in dealerships this summer, the Honda Civic Tour returns on April 28. For its 20th anniversary, Civic Tour is going virtual this year, with two tour stops. The April 28 headline event will be live streamed on the Live Nation Channel on Twitch and the second stop will be live streamed on the Honda Stage YouTube channel this summer. Starting at 5:00 p.m. PT, the April 28 virtual concert event on Twitch will also give Civic Tour fans a special first look at the all-new 2022 Honda Civic Sedan around 6:00 p.m. PT, leading into the performance.

As previously announced, the all-new Civic Hatchback will follow Civic Sedan production by several months. Details about Civic Hatchback, to be manufactured by Honda in the United States for the first time in its history, will follow later this year. The Civic Hatchback will be built at the company's Indiana auto plant.

More information about the all-new Civic Sedan, including photography, video and specifications, will be released on April 28.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Sedan First Official Image! Specs and Info Coming April 28 2022 Civic Sedan
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatch 6AT
The result is a sporty new look
I feel like GenX was sporty. This looks a lot more toned down. Excited to see how it drives though.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Released on my birthday! haha. It certainly is nice to see it in a color. As is most Honda products, I feel like they've always looked better in person than in photos to get the full sense of stance, scale, etc. Still more excited to see the hatch (which it appear we are going to have to WAIT until Fall to finally see...) But being able to get a sense for trims, features, tech, pricing, interior, etc will fill in most of the missing pieces in the mean time.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Looks pretty good. The chrome’s gotta go though not a fan of that. The top grill looks very flat in color. It basically black plastic and I see that being an issue in the future with weathering. Over all nice but Hatch will look better of course.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Released on my birthday! haha. It certainly is nice to see it in a color. As is most Honda products, I feel like they've always looked better in person than in photos to get the full sense of stance, scale, etc. Still more excited to see the hatch (which it appear we are going to have to WAIT until Fall to finally see...) But being able to get a sense for trims, features, tech, pricing, interior, etc will fill in most of the missing pieces in the mean time.
Happy Birthday bro!! I noticed they said the Sedan will be built in Canda while the Hatch is built in America so that could mean Si will also be built in Canada. So hatchback and Type R being built in US.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Not bad. Just doesn't stir any emotions. AT ALL.

I imagine the hatch and Si will be sexier.

Definitely a turn away from the sporty 10th gen. If this would have been released 5-6 years ago, I guarantee most people would have assumed it was the new Accord.

dbowe4415

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda3 s Grand Touring Hatchback
Couple of thoughts on the production Sedan:

Fog lights are a great addition, as the prototype did not have them. With the fog lights come more of that plastic on the front, which I already thought there was too much of on the 10th generation. I hope the rear of the car still is free of the plastic.

I like the split grille and the honeycomb design of the lower part of the grille. I preferred the chrome/blacked out look of the 10th generation, but this looks solid to me as well.

Those wheels look fantastic to me. I can't help but laugh when considering conversations had on threads here about some preferring lighter or darker wheels. Of course Honda would come with a wheel that is both light and dark lol.

This car definitely gives me Audi A3/A4 vibes. I really like what I see so far and am glad we have a date for the full reveal!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Besides the obvious body style of the hatch, things I'd like to see on the Sport and possible Si variants of the hatch (and sedan), some of which is already supported by the spy shots we've seen that would improve the overall look

- gloss black plastic on the lower grill areas (like the concept)
- gloss black side skirt extensions (like the concept) (hatch should have these as supported by spy shots and the patent images)
- Honeycomb pattern upper grill (seen on hatch spy shots)
- deleted chrome window trim (hinted at for sport/si trims on various spy shots)
- inverted upper grille emblem bar (like on the concept) (the hatch appears to have this more inverted upper grille piece)

Overall it's very much a blank slate in alot of ways... leaves alot of potential for modifications both for the sporty variants, and for aftermarket. In some ways, even though it already is very accord-like, I would've preferred the larger single U shaped opening of the accord/insight front end.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Couple of thoughts on the production Sedan:

Fog lights are a great addition, as the prototype did not have them. With the fog lights come more of that plastic on the front, which I already thought there was too much of on the 10th generation. I hope the rear of the car still is free of the plastic.

I like the split grille and the honeycomb design of the lower part of the grille. I preferred the chrome/blacked out look of the 10th generation, but this looks solid to me as well.

Those wheels look fantastic to me. I can't help but laugh when considering conversations had on threads here about some preferring lighter or darker wheels. Of course Honda would come with a wheel that is both light and dark lol.

This car definitely gives me Audi A3/A4 vibes. I really like what I see so far and am glad we have a date for the full reveal!
I believe the Si won’t come with Fog lights. Another note, the Hatchback will have that black out surround around the windows and of course the grill. More of like a shinny black plastic like the current hatch has. I do agree it gives off the A3 vibe especially since it’s in the same segment but then again the Acura counterpart will compete directly with the A3/S3.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, contrary to the first post I still think the world premiere will be at the Shanghai Auto Show in less than a week. Could be wrong though.
You're not wrong... but the Shanghai auto show runs from the 21st through the 28th... so technically the 28th would still be the auto show...

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
You're not wrong... but the Shanghai auto show runs from the 21st through the 28th... so technically the 28th would still be the auto show...
Yeah I believe some how some way Honda will reveal it earlier in China.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I believe some how some way Honda will reveal it earlier in China.
I don't disagree with that either... I also think Honda has multiple reveals lined up as well which they'll want to have their own special highlights for... especially the potential concept reveal for their new GM sourced EV crossover.
Sponsored