• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I wouldn’t trade a 10th gen R for it, but the higher stiffness of the 11th gen body should allow some handling improvements. But the 130 lb weight gain is a huge concern. I’d love to see it tuned for 19” wheels but seems unlikely. I’d guess they’ll try to cut some weight somewhere.
Sponsored

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW FK8
I wouldn’t trade a 10th gen R for it, but the higher stiffness of the 11th gen body should allow some handling improvements. But the 130 lb weight gain is a huge concern. I’d love to see it tuned for 19” wheels but seems unlikely. I’d guess they’ll try to cut some weight somewhere.

The wheels on that test mule look identical to the 10th gen Sport Line, which has 19. If they're testing with 19" wheels, then it's likely the production will have 19".

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/2020-civic-type-r-sport-line-europe-exclusive.46316/

I agree that any extra weight is a bummer unless it has a better PWR. I feel the 11th gen is more geared toward classic race tracks than tight twisties.

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW FK8

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
I like the fact the hood vent is like the Porsche GT line. Hopefully it will be very functional!

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Where did you get the +130lb gain?