• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Acura Integra Confirmed by Acura to be 5 door!!

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
That’s great to hear. Type S is the one I’m going for and I’m hoping it comes in either 10AT or 8DCT since traffic from over here is terrible. Will definitely put a deposit on Integra Type S once we get more light and I can see it.

Awesome to hear about the build you are going for. Do you currently have a build of a CTR?
I do apologize the ITS is a bridge between the CTR and TLX Type S not the Si and CTR

I have a light build on my tlx type s. "Light" because it's a demo so I'm not going too too crazy. I did a full time attack build on my si (20MY), type r (19MY), and a90 supra (20MY) until I decided to cut back
Sponsored

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I do apologize the ITS is a bridge between the CTR and TLX Type S not the Si and CTR

I have a light build on my tlx type s. "Light" because it's a demo so I'm not going too too crazy. I did a full time attack build on my si (20MY), type r (19MY), and a90 supra (20MY) until I decided to cut back
If it’s between the CTR and TLX S then that means it could possibly make more HP and likely have SH-AWD. Just a guess though.

I’ve driven the TLX S and was impressed with how great it handles around corners for the weight it has. I did notice PRL started doing 3d scanning today for new parts which is great for the TLX S community. Also those are some sick cars to have for builds.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
The logic is, it will have more power than the new CTR because it's Acura.

My only set back is which will be more of a head turner, I'll be running this vehicle daily and where I live the snow is crazy. Strip it for the summer and add its weight back for winter + a bit more

Also those are some sick cars to have for builds.
Thank you! Every time I bring it in to a shop (because I need a hoist), the techs always want to work and assist me lol. Not every day you'll see a built car in a dealership to get more aftermarket parts installed

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
The logic is, it will have more power than the new CTR because it's Acura.

My only set back is which will be more of a head turner, I'll be running this vehicle daily and where I live the snow is crazy. Strip it for the summer and add its weight back for winter + a bit more

Thank you! Every time I bring it in to a shop (because I need a hoist), the techs always want to work and assist me lol. Not every day you'll see a built car in a dealership to get more aftermarket parts installed
That’s understandable as Acura typically make more HP then the Honda counterpart.

Lol I mean it’s true. Overs here it’s always awesome seeing built Honda’s, BMW’s and other brands while driving around especially when you see them at Cars and Coffee.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
I can't believe that there aren't more of you crying foul on this car! I have a huge issue with the Integra name coming back.

As a mid-40's car guy, I very well remember Acura of old. I owned a 1991 Integra 3 door, 1992 Acura Vigor, 1995 Acura Legend 6MT, 1997 Acura Integra 3 door, then later on in my life I owned 2 more used Integras.

Whilst I owned new-at-the-time Acuras, I usually kept a Nissan RWD car in the stable also (remember when used cars were CHEAP?) Such as the 200SX V6 hatchback and 300ZX coupes.

What was special about Acura at that time, even though a FWD company, their cars were very close in performance to similar BMWs. The G2 Legend would frequently get compared to BMW 5 series. They weren't that far off.

Back then, Integras were based off of Civic, as is going to be the case for this upcoming Integra. However, there were no 5 door Civic variants in USA. The Civic hatchback was a totally different body shape than the Integra 3 door, and they absolutely did not look like platform mates.

The big difference were in the engines. The Integra never shared an engine with a USDM Civic, until near the end when the Civic Si gained a B16 and the CRV gained a B20, not exact engines used in Integra, but variants of the B-series used by Integra, but this was near the end.

Now Honda wants to re-hash the Integra name by making a Civic variant? Not impresssed. a 5 door? OK, may "make sense" to marketing I get the math used to justify an ILX replacement, but what's the point of pulling the long-dead Integra name out of the coffin to wave it's corpse around on a 5 door Civic? I am not impressed. Even if they make an AWD 6MT 2.0T Integra, it will be obviously a variant of a plebian Civic 5 door, it'll be obvious to a casual observer.
Of course, Acura may get drunk with parts-bin sharing and even make some Integra trims CVT+1.5T+FWD. Wanna bet that doesn't happen on some trims?

Is Acura trying to tickle my nostalgia? I owned manual transmission Integra coupes. At my age, I have more sensible vehicles already, why I need an "Integra" 5 door? I want an Integra 3 door.

Don't get me wrong, it's going to be a "good" car on it's own merits, floating in an ocean of FWD-sameness trying not to drown in Tsunamis of CUVs and SUVs. yawn. Call it an ILX again and I can continue to ignore another FWD sedan without being reminded of how the mighty have fallen. At least the TLX Type-S can be underwhelming without sullying the name of the Legend.

And Nissan is offering a Twin Turbo Z car with a 6MT and real handbrake, just like the Z's I owned before.

Guess who's getting my nostalgia dollars?

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I can't believe that there aren't more of you crying foul on this car! I have a huge issue with the Integra name coming back.

As a mid-40's car guy, I very well remember Acura of old. I owned a 1991 Integra 3 door, 1992 Acura Vigor, 1995 Acura Legend 6MT, 1997 Acura Integra 3 door, then later on in my life I owned 2 more used Integras.

Whilst I owned new-at-the-time Acuras, I usually kept a Nissan RWD car in the stable also (remember when used cars were CHEAP?) Such as the 200SX V6 hatchback and 300ZX coupes.

What was special about Acura at that time, even though a FWD company, their cars were very close in performance to similar BMWs. The G2 Legend would frequently get compared to BMW 5 series. They weren't that far off.

Back then, Integras were based off of Civic, as is going to be the case for this upcoming Integra. However, there were no 5 door Civic variants in USA. The Civic hatchback was a totally different body shape than the Integra 3 door, and they absolutely did not look like platform mates.

The big difference were in the engines. The Integra never shared an engine with a USDM Civic, until near the end when the Civic Si gained a B16 and the CRV gained a B20, not exact engines used in Integra, but variants of the B-series used by Integra, but this was near the end.

Now Honda wants to re-hash the Integra name by making a Civic variant? Not impresssed. a 5 door? OK, may "make sense" to marketing I get the math used to justify an ILX replacement, but what's the point of pulling the long-dead Integra name out of the coffin to wave it's corpse around on a 5 door Civic? I am not impressed. Even if they make an AWD 6MT 2.0T Integra, it will be obviously a variant of a plebian Civic 5 door, it'll be obvious to a casual observer.
Of course, Acura may get drunk with parts-bin sharing and even make some Integra trims CVT+1.5T+FWD. Wanna bet that doesn't happen on some trims?

Is Acura trying to tickle my nostalgia? I owned manual transmission Integra coupes. At my age, I have more sensible vehicles already, why I need an "Integra" 5 door? I want an Integra 3 door.

Don't get me wrong, it's going to be a "good" car on it's own merits, drowning in an ocean of FWD-sameness trying not to drown in Tsunamis of CUVs and SUVs. yawn. Call it an ILX again and I can continue to ignore another FWD sedan without being reminded of how the mighty have fallen. At least the TLX Type-S can be underwhelming without sullying the name of the Legend.

And Nissan is offering a Twin Turbo Z car with a 6MT and real handbrake, just like the Z's I owned before.

Guess who's getting my nostalgia dollars?
One thing to note about the Integra coming back. Six years ago is when Ikeda had gotten the approval of the Integra name to come back to an Acura model. Also Acura/Honda of America isn’t developing this model. Hond of Japan from now on will be developing all Acura Sedans while Acura in the US will develop CUV/SUV’s.

I understand your point on the matter of the Integra back then not using a USDM Civic powertrain. In todays time though a lot of car companies aren’t developing new ICE engines. Since they aren’t and technically speaking the 3.0T could very well be the last ICE developed that’s new, I understand why Acura is using Civic powertrain options. Reason being is that it brings cost down for the base model. Since Honda has done a ton of R&D already on the 1.5T from previous Gen to 11th Gen, I can see the base cost going down rather then making a new one. The 1.5T that’s going in the Si is the one the Integra will get as it’s the more beefer engine compared to base 1.5T.

On the 2.0T side we aren’t 100% sure on which one it’ll get. Whether it be from the Accord or TLX or even the CTR it’s uncertain as of right now. Once again reusing a already developed engine with a few minor tweaks could help with making the Type S more affordable compared to the competition like the M235i GC/S3/A35 AMG.

As for styling. It’ll definitely differentiate from the Civic design wise. Having a 5 door with sleek coupe design will bring buyers in and hardly won’t even think of the Civic unless the salesman or the consumer is told/researched the model very well. I personally love a 5 door better because it brings practicality into affect and I can sit 5 people in the back comfortably. Offering a 3 door in the auto industry where the Civic Coupe had a sales percentage of 2-3% doesn’t make sense. If they did some people will say oh man I totally will buy one and then don’t buy one of the gate or even the 2nd model year until they see one used on a car dealership lot. Thing is most people will buy a sedan over a coupe in todays world. Also one thing to note you cannot base your sales marketing wise with bringing back an iconic name and having a 3 door and think that will make a 3 door sell. I know the Mustang/Challenger till this day still sell very well and that’s just because it has a huge following that dates back to their original introductions in the 60’s.

As for the Z. Yes it offers a TT V6 RWD chassis and still gives you a manual hand break. But let’s be honest here, that chassis even though it’s been heavily revised since it was revealed on the 350Z, is extremely old. Car companies in todays world will rework the chassis to make it better even though it’s been decades old. The 11th Gen Civic actually uses a modified version of the 10th Gen. overall what sounds really nice from Nissan and having a TT V6 with a manual, it’s just a really old chassis.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Guys, we can speculate all we want. Let's wait til the specs come out and see the actual road test reviews before rendering judgement.

I mean on paper, Honda is bragging about the 11th Civic's turbo having "more power than ever". Yet the reality is, in the real world, it's notably slower than it's 10th gen counterpart.

The Integra might be a similar disappointment or it might wow us.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Guys, we can speculate all we want. Let's wait til the specs come out and see the actual road test reviews before rendering judgement.

I mean on paper, Honda is bragging about the 11th Civic's turbo having "more power than ever". Yet the reality is, in the real world, it's notably slower than it's 10th gen counterpart.

The Integra might be a similar disappointment or it might wow us.
We will have a good idea on performance once there are reviews of the new SI. I hope this engine didn’t get detuned like the base 1.5l turbo.

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Potentially very excited...

For me to bite I need the following:
- 6MT... (Acura please offer a 6MT and please don't limit it to the lower trim!)
- Same or better power/weight as the 10th gen Si... Hoping for a Type S with 250+
- Premium (ELS?) Sound

Nice to Have:

-SH-AWD

I love the idea of a Type S performance variant with near CTR numbers, 6MT and AWD... Of course power/weight becomes important w AWD...

Also, I would argue that Acura can target a different buyer with an Integra performance version vs the CTR based on still aggressive but slightly toned down styling and leaving in creature comforts (sunroof, auto seats etc...)

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Potentially very excited...

For me to bite I need the following:
- 6MT... (Acura please offer a 6MT and please don't limit it to the lower trim!)
- Same or better power/weight as the 10th gen Si... Hoping for a Type S with 250+
- Premium (ELS?) Sound

Nice to Have:

-SH-AWD

I love the idea of a Type S performance variant with near CTR numbers, 6MT and AWD... Of course power/weight becomes important w AWD...

Also, I would argue that Acura can target a different buyer with an Integra performance version vs the CTR based on still aggressive but slightly toned down styling and leaving in creature comforts (sunroof, auto seats etc...)
They can definitely target the buyer/buyers who want either a 10AT or 6 Speed with base and Type S models. Also I’ve sampled SH-AWD in the TLX Type S and MDX A-Spec in a review. Very impressed with the system as it transfers power to each given wheel at needed time when traction is lost. If it does have SH-AWD that can actually help with sells up north where the conditions are harsher.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Eh, calling it now. The base Teggy and/or A spec is going to be a somewhat of a disappointment to the enthusiast. To the layman, it could move decent numbers with the auto.

Best case scenario for the enthusiast, maybe we get a better factory parts for swap Honda powered L15 cars (clutch, flywheel, etc).

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
That dude who's post got removed regarding a internal marketing research involvement implied an A-spec 6 speed manual for 33.5k'ish as one of the optioned trims. Hell, if that's true I wouldn't mind purchasing that or the Type-S!
Sponsored