• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
I can guarantee it’ll outperform the fk8 on the ring. It’s literally been hondas thing to develop a faster car (for the ring) every generation.
Like, why would they even tease about testing it on the ring if they weren’t confident about its performance…
Then the updated K20C1 engine needs to make more power and going faster out of a curve. No way a longer wheelbase car runs faster than a shorter wheelbase thru curves.
Sponsored

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
Do me a favor. Check out my profile and threads at CivicX. I genuinely love the 10th. I don't feel I'm being defensive. I honestly just don't care for the look of the 11th.
Lol @gtman ive been on CivicX forums since the beginning as well. I’m saying in my experience. it’s not a shot at you so don’t take it so defensively.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, '16 ILX
the ring times probably not going to be ran with the exact same as the production car so who cares.

as far as the love/hate, the people who like the aggressive styling of the 10th gen will hate it and the people who hates the styling of the 10th gen will love it since its styled completely opposite from each other.

as of right now, i'm not a fan of how tame it looks but ill wait till the camo is off and see how i feel after that.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
In the real world the 10th gen doesn’t get hate , its the reviewers and some haters that always have hated honda because it simply whoops cars double the price that , if you look the 10th sold out and the ones that haven’t sold is because of the huge mark up they have and still sell even with them

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the same driveline, this really come down to the preference of the exterior. I’ll not make a trade unless CTR becomes awd, which’s like never or electrified awd. But same engine and tranny? No thanks.

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d prefer a better infotainment software. 10th gen software is POS. But I absolutely hate the tombstone style screen. It’s like the worst trend in the auto industry. And the honeycomb vent looks pretty, but it’s a pain to clean. Maybe Qtip?

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
I like the fenders look like they go all the way down now compared to the test mules.
Only thing i dont like about the 11 gens is they changed the rake of the front pillars. Makes silhouette look less sporty.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC2 Type R
Then the updated K20C1 engine needs to make more power and going faster out of a curve. No way a longer wheelbase car runs faster than a shorter wheelbase thru curves.
Depends on which corner you’re talking about. A longer wheelbase has its advantages as well, such as stability. Besides, anything can influence the time on the ring. Look at the new 992 GT3, it gained so much time through its new suspension setup. I’m sure honda has figured out a way to squeeze a second or two with its new chassis.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
The day honda goes electric i will try a all wheel drive performance tesla , i believe tesla is king in the EV INDUSTRY

Kevin29

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BRZ Honda CRV
i really like the new look, kinda glad prices really shot up and i didn't buy a used one, seriously thinking about getting this new one! If gonna pay $40k for a used one might as well buy new! Being i am older , i like the tamer more sleeper look!

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
If your shopping for a new type r you have the option to decide , unless people don’t like the new one and start looking for the 10th gen theres many waiting to se whats the final product

Traum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Looks to me that the car is still wearing 20" wheels in the pics. I hope aftermarket 19" wheels will still fit, cuz it sucks to use 20".

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i really like the new look, kinda glad prices really shot up and i didn't buy a used one, seriously thinking about getting this new one! If gonna pay $40k for a used one might as well buy new! Being i am older , i like the tamer more sleeper look!
I’ll take a wild guess. I think the MSRP will be in the low 40k plus 15k or more dealer markup. Like others said, unless people don’t like it, I don’t see how people can get it for a reasonable price before 2024 or maybe 2025. This chip shortage just make everything a lot worse.

Shibboleth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano, Looking at 2021 Civic Ex
I like that it doesn't have the fake exhaust tips and that they are centered. It is hard to tell with the wrap but it doesn't scream "sports car" like the 10th gen. I do wish with both the 10th and this gen that if you are going to put on a spoiler take off the standard one. I really hope that later versions get rid of the honeycomb dash. It looks nice but I have to think that over time it will look rough because it will be hard to dust.
Sponsored