• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
The motor is from the 10th gen Accord. Same Turbo, intake, and VTEC
Thanks. Is the transmission assembled in India? Motor from Canada or USA? If final assembly in Mexico, I'll pass.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Why oh why did they get rid of the seat heaters??
Hoping to get these (heated seats, dual zone) back during mid cycle refresh. These missing items are head scratchers. Logically they shouldā€™ve kept these and reserved the 9ā€ touchscreen and Bose speakers for later refresh. Canā€™t think of anything else the car needed (in Si form) other than the two missing creature comforts.

MLawrence

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Si
200 HP ARE YOU FISTING ME??
Two main problems with the entire Civic lineupā€¦
1. The Si is STILL only 200hp (lower peak power than 10th gen).
2. The Ctr is STILL not AWD.

Likeā€¦ Honda just doesnā€™t fucking listen.

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Two main problems with the entire Civic lineupā€¦
1. The Si is STILL only 200hp (lower peak power than 10th gen).
2. The Ctr is STILL not AWD.

Likeā€¦ Honda just doesnā€™t fucking listen.
Honda has proven you donā€™t need AWD for lap recordsā€¦. So donā€™t know what your talking about. Maybe learn how to drive better?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Hoping to get these (heated seats, dual zone) back during mid cycle refresh. These missing items are head scratchers. Logically they shouldā€™ve kept these and reserved the 9ā€ touchscreen and Bose speakers for later refresh. Canā€™t think of anything else the car needed (in Si form) other than the two missing creature comforts.
The lack of heated seats is beyond head scratching. For anyone living in a colder climate it's almost a basic item, not just a creature comfort. It might sound crazy to some, but at this point I wouldn't buy a car without heated seats no matter how good the car is.

This reminds me of why I didn't buy a 10th gen Sport hatch. I liked everything about the car. But it didn't have variable intermittent wipers or heated side mirrors. Two basic items most cars have. Where I live, I'd have to be scraping side mirrors every winter morning. So I bought an EX-L instead.

This seems so shortsighted of Honda. I have no doubt buyers would pay a few hundred more on the sticker to have these convenience features included.

Honda should do what other manufacturers do. Offer the Si in base form and include basics like the heated seats. Then offer a separate premium sound package with the Bose system.

Last edited:

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
The lack of heated seats is beyond head scratching. For anyone living in a colder climate it's almost a basic item, not just a creature comfort. It might sound crazy to some, but at this point I wouldn't buy a car without heated seats no matter how good the car is.

This reminds me of why I didn't buy a 10th gen Sport hatch. I liked everything about the car. But it didn't have variable intermittent wipers or heated side mirrors. Two basic items most cars have. Where I live, I'd have to be scraping side mirrors every winter morning. So I bought an EX-L instead.

This seems so shortsighted of Honda. I have no doubt buyers would pay a few hundred more on the sticker to have these convenience features included.

Honda should do what other manufacturers do. Offer the Si in base form and include basics like the heated seats. Then offer a separate premium sound package with the Bose system.
I feel like they will probably add them during the mid cycle. Itā€™s weird they added all these things from the FK8 (rev matching, front rear bushing from FK8, lower/upper rear control arms) and just said you know what.. heated mirrors and seats are expensiveā€¦. Letā€™s just take those out, throw in the 9ā€ infotainment and the Bose speakersā€¦aaaand letā€™s do the half digital dash (I prefer it over digital from the 10th gen)

oh yeahā€¦ auto stop start woooooā€¦. Said no one ever

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017

There's plenty of aftermarket seat warmers, the install is a little tricky but it might be a decent workaround.
Aftermarket seat warmer install

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I donā€™t mind the 5hp decrease since it spools 300rpm earlier and hangs on for until 6K rpm rather than spooling a tiny bit later and falling on its face at 5500rpm like the x gen si. I get why people are mad though. 220whp would have been nice. Overall the suspension changes and powertrain changes are really good imo.

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
So when Honda writes "A new, more rigid shift lever mounting bracket", is that like saying they installed Acuity shifter base bushings?

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
So when Honda writes "A new, more rigid shift lever mounting bracket", is that like saying they installed Acuity shifter base bushings?
I donā€™t think they meant acuity specifically, but they probably put their own stiffer bushings to help the shifter feel even better with the shorter throws. Would be nice if we got a stiffer rear motor mount from the factory as well.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
Does it still have cloth arm rest on doors and center console?
Why can't Honda offer a wheel selection option o get something different?
Does it require premium grade gasoline?
Does it now come with a real spare tire?
Yeah I was hoping they would not stay with the black wheels. They only look ok with certain colors. I much prefer the look of the wheels from the 17-19 Si.
Sponsored