• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
I just picked up my Si! Looks beautiful with the aero package. Waiting on black emblems apparently they're on backorder until Dec 9.
First drive impressions....

Off the lot, I put on sport mode. Currently I'm only bringing the engine to 4500 rpm for the next 500k. I want to go easy on the clutch and let it break in before doing a launch. A lot of you are curious and have asked for impressions.. to be honest I'm a little surprised with the torque (or lack thereof).

I traded in my 2019 hatchback sport for this gorgeous thing, and I can tell all you tenth gen lovers this car looks a lot better. Although-tenth gen definitely feels faster! Again, I haven't done any times and have not brought the car above 4500 rpm, but it's noticeable there is less pull between 1500 and 4500 rpm than my 2019 hatch sport.

A little disclaimer, I did a stage 1 +3 Hondata tune on the hatch, BUT, when the hatch was not even in sport mode (-tune) , it felt faster. I can't wait for Hondata to do a map for the '22 Si, after driving my hatch. It was easy to spin the tires in first and second just by punching the gas... This '22 Si doesn't seem to have the power.. Didn't put me back into the seat like my hatch. I did test a 2019 Si and it's clearly putting more power down faster. Seems strange right? With only a 5hp difference? But I'm telling you it's clear and noticable.

Although, maybe on the track this would beat a tenth gen because man, does it corner!! I came into a corner in the middle of second gear, turned the wheels 90' gave her some throttle and woooof! Going straight ready for third.. it hugs like a dream. It might even give a WRX a good go in the corners!

I've had this car a few hours and love it. Would trade it my 10ty gen any day for it. But I'm waiting patiently for some good maps, to make me feel I didn't sacrifice in any way.

Ktuner and Hondata- let's go! ?

11th Gen Honda Civic Picked up 2022 Civic Si Sonic Gray - my review & first impressions! IMG_20211120_094017_1

11th Gen Honda Civic Picked up 2022 Civic Si Sonic Gray - my review & first impressions! IMG_20211120_093957

11th Gen Honda Civic Picked up 2022 Civic Si Sonic Gray - my review & first impressions! IMG_20211120_093828

11th Gen Honda Civic Picked up 2022 Civic Si Sonic Gray - my review & first impressions! IMG_20211120_093628

11th Gen Honda Civic Picked up 2022 Civic Si Sonic Gray - my review & first impressions! IMG_20211120_093635
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Lucky you! Thanks for the first impressions and looking forward to more updates.

Rev hang?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Congrats OP.

A couple points on your driving impressions.

1. The engine is new and not broken in.

2. You're comparing it to a tuned (although mildly) 10th gen.

3. You only revved it to 4500.

I'm certain it will feel faster once more broken in and you push it.

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucky you! Thanks for the first impressions and looking forward to more updates.

Rev hang?
Ok I've recently had some time without the kids to take it back out. I might be wrong about acceleration.. it felt faster this time. All speculation, but it is super fun to drive. The Rev hang is minimal.. maybe hangs for 1 second then drops quickly.
The Rev match feature is incredible. Initially when I read about it, I thought that's for lazy people that can't or don't want to heel toe. I was wrong. The Rev matching is precise, whereas with heel toe its tough to match perfectly. Downshifting is amazing in this car, there's no jerk or enertia of your body moving forward and it's ready to be gassed at the perfect rpm. I was travelling along in 4th, low rpms, downshift and hit the gas. There's no lag there.. it's like the car is poised perfectly to accelerate immediately.. it's hard to explain.. but yeah. I'm falling in love for sure.

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats OP.

A couple points on your driving impressions.

1. The engine is new and not broken in.

2. You're comparing it to a tuned (although mildly) 10th gen.

3. You only revved it to 4500.

I'm certain it will feel faster once more broken in and you push it.
I completely agree with what you're saying.

wilsonyyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Did anyone notice the physical led shift lights on the dash? I like it better than the 10th gen in screen ones, can’t wait to see them all lit up.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Congrats, you're Si looks great! It's funny just the other day I saw a 7th gen Si in the wild(which is very rare where I live) and I thought it's amazing how far we've come.

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does the shifter compare to 10th gen in terms of feel?
It's very close to the tenth gen shifter, but feels more precise and sturdy. With my tenth gen sometimes you'd question if the master cylinder was questionable or the clutch might not have fully been engaged while shifting- this feels like everything is perfect. Like the gears knock or click firmly into position with no resistance and direct hit. If that makes sense.
The transmission feels flawless 10/10. I've been driving manual since I was 10, 30 years ago (grew up on a farm)- and have tried many new manuals (WRX, GTI, GLI). None of them seem as perfect or confident as this. All though I got smoked off the line by a WRX and GLI in my hatch lol. I thinking the '22 Si will beat those with a minor tune

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats, you're Si looks great! It's funny just the other day I saw a 7th gen Si in the wild(which is very rare where I live) and I thought it's amazing how far we've come.
Thanks man! Appreciated. I can't really afford it but the world seems to be a little crazy so why not have done fun while I still can ?

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Any exhaust clips? How does it sound? Just curious because of that new looping exhaust. thanks
I can make one tomorrow, although I'm not revving it too high so not sure it will do any justice. At 4500 it sounds good, but I wouldn't say impressive or amazing.