• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Picked up my 2023 Si

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Took delivery tonight, so far so good with the exception of the shift boot which for some reason isn't laying normally as it should. Couple pics, if anyone has thoughts on the boot would love to hear it.

11th Gen Honda Civic Picked up my 2023 Si B037CBF7-DA4A-404D-9787-252B95FBE112

11th Gen Honda Civic Picked up my 2023 Si EE24DB8C-A2C0-4E5F-8C45-6562A75962B8

11th Gen Honda Civic Picked up my 2023 Si AC232320-9435-4036-B146-C2284EF7D055

11th Gen Honda Civic Picked up my 2023 Si 2ED06555-B1E6-4E1A-AAD6-A67F0658BB5B

11th Gen Honda Civic Picked up my 2023 Si 95B16EC6-E7E3-4089-A3AE-22F633F6F6A0
Sponsored

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Idk my shift boot has sat like that ever since I’ve owned mine.
I am ocd and this is going to annoy the crap out of me lol.

First impressions after a 50 mile drive chassis is great it's firmer than I expected which is pleasant surprise turn in fairly immediate brakes decent enough obv not a lot of power but enough to have fun. Tires are eh and engine sound is meh. Overall for the money I am happy.

SGSiSaajan

First Name
Saajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I was a big fan of the driving dynamics, especially coming from 3 F150’s and my wife’s Forester. Only disappointment was the brakes, I’ve had them get pretty hot and one time a stop from 210km/h down to a stop was a bit sketchy. But I’ve got no problem with the power, I know what I was buying. It’s got a super adequate amount of power for driving back roads, not gonna win any drag races but that’s not what this car’s for.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
Beautiful car! I think I'd try tying a small cloth, or something like that, around the shift boot, to force it into shape. If left for a couple of weeks the boot should maintain the desired shape even when the cloth is removed.

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Anyone have issues with second being a little tough to get into esp when it's cold? I feel like I am using more force period to get into gears than I am used to with Hondas I have driven in the past but second is especially noticeable with regard to resistance.

ThunderPigeon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Crystal Black Pearl Civic SI
Second was tough to get into at first, but 3k miles in and it is fine now. Just needs to break in.

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Second was tough to get into at first, but 3k miles in and it is fine now. Just needs to break in.
Thanks for the input I'll keep an eye on it shifting at higher rpm seems to help.

SweetLou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3P
congrats. Picked up a SGP on monday, haven't noticed the shift boot but will take a look. I am usually pretty eagle eyed on quality and the fit and finish seems excellent (especially compared to the terrible Model 3). Agree, first and second are pretty tough to engage, especially when cold, but reverse seems by far the hardest for whatever reason.

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Interestingly no issues with reverse on mine hopefully will get better with miles.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Just make sure you get used to doing 3 things when you start up. Release parking break, disable start stop, and click into Sport mode.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
You don't need to disable start stop if you are using sport mode. Sport mode disables it.

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
You don't need to disable start stop if you are using sport mode. Sport mode disables it.
Same in "individual" if engine is set to sport? Aggravating that the car doesn't save the setting you are in when you turn it off.

ThunderPigeon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Crystal Black Pearl Civic SI
Same in "individual" if engine is set to sport? Aggravating that the car doesn't save the setting you are in when you turn it off.
No, unfortunately. Individual mode in this vehicle is a joke with only 2 options anyway. I got an idlestopper for mine and it works great. I would always drive in been sport anyway for the improved throttle response. Once I tuned it, I find myself in normal all the time and the idlestopper is great. Super easy install.
Sponsored