• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

01YLWS2k

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2021 CRV
I want to preface this review by first acknowledging that I went into the purchase of this car without having a test drive of it. However, since it is an evolution of the 11th gen Civic Si (2017-2020) and the overwhelming positive reviews, I was confident I would like it. I also was trading in my Modified 2015 VW GTI DSG. It had a stage 1 tune, Eibach Pro Kit, Koni Yellows, and 034 Motorsports Camber plates. I put 78k almost trouble free miles on it. The only issue was a wiring harness that got crimped, but was covered under an extended warranty from VW.

Styling: This is one of the controversial parts of the 11th gen. I personally love the more restrained look overall compared to the 10th gen. It has great body lines, and the metallic white paint really pops in the sunlight. The two tail pipes look cool too when combined with the black spoiler. However I do wish it was just a little bit more aggressive. It looks almost exactly like a Civic Sport with the HPD wing. Even the wheels are the same. Honda definitely could have changed it up just a tad bit more and it still would have fit the Si mantra of a Sporty Civic.

Interior: One word, Amazing. The seats are phenomenal, really well bolstered and supportive on longer drives, the cloth is really nice too. The dashboard is well put together, with super nice buttons and knobs. I really like where the infotainment screen is at, and the functionality is great. Wireless Apple CarPlay works well, and it’s not a laggy system. The “upgraded” Bose stereo is good, but not great. I still prefer the Fender system in the GTI. The instrument panel is cool with the digital Tach and analog Speedo. It has a lot of options for what gets displayed in the space in the middle of the tach.

Driving Dynamics: It is a surprisingly nice for just driving around town and commuting. The controls are light, the clutch is easy, and it’s fairly quiet. It makes stop and go easy. The gas mileage is good too. In my mostly Highway commuting I’m seeing 34 mpg and that’s cruising at 80mph. The radar cruise works well, and so do the auto high beams. I still need to try the lane keep assist where it will maintain lane for longer drives though. The ride is definitely on the firmer side, but it is not harsh. It manages bumps and road imperfections well.

For spirited driving the chassis balance is downright epic. The car encourages you to drive harder and faster. The auto rev match system works near flawlessly, and even without it it’s super easy to heel toe. The shifter is a joy to use. Well defined gates and a good shape knob. It does require a little heft but is so fun to operate. The way Honda tuned the engine, it pulls all the way to redline, add in the short gearing and it feels much faster than it actually is. People on the internet are complaining that 200hp isn’t enough, but honestly it feels like a good amount. I like being able to wring out the car without breaking the speed limit too much. Plus it still has enough power to get around just about anything. When it’s put into sport mode you get pumped in audio that I actually think sounds decent. The steering is super precise and the way the car builds confidence in you, it’s just fun. The diff is magical too, but I’m sure that’s any helical LSD in a FWD car. It genuinely shocked me but down my favorite local twisty road, the Si was able to be just as fast as my MK7 GTI. The way the car allows you to carry speed is wonderful. Unlike that GTI you don’t have to fight the car either. It seems like it is eager to have fun. The GTI was very German and would shut down any fun, even with ESC coded to be fully off.

I do have a couple of nitpicks with the Si though. To start, I am bummed Honda decided not to put seat heaters or dual zone climate in the car. I’m sure it has more to do with chip availability, but it’s still silly since the Canadian market Si gets them. It’s also frustrating that Honda doesn’t give you a water temp or an oil temperature gauge. All you get is a dummy light. I would have much rather have those in the configurable dash instead of a throttle%/brake pedal/ gauge or some of the other useless options for that screen. While I’m grateful they gave us an individual mode, it seems like it was a last second addition without a ton of thought out into it. They should have let you also configure the auto rev matching, and the fake engine noise. Also the OEM All Seasons are pretty terrible. However that’s an easy fix.

Overall I’m really happy with my purchase, on top of getting better gas mileage, it’s more fun to drive. Yet I really only sacrifice the heated seats and some of the quietness from my GTI. For less than $31k OTD and with a new car warranty, I think the Civic Si is hard to beat if you need a 4 door car that has to do everything. I can’t wait to toss some sticky tires and go autocross it this spring!
03442BD3-0910-44A5-98ED-24845C79314F.jpeg
865A0C4B-C658-45F8-877D-2463EB312530.jpeg
EE6EC15E-7430-43DC-BD0C-E214D5FDCE77.jpeg
I really enjoyed your story, It really remind me a lot of my story - writeup at:

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/having-best-time-with-2022-civic-si-1200-miles-review.50360/

Added Mods I have done so far: Tint, LED Reverse and Signals, Black Honda Civic Badges, and a red Acuity shift knob.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
sackofcheese

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
Added Mods I have done so far: Tint, LED Reverse and Signals, Black Honda Civic Badges, and a red Acuity shift knob.
I'm planning on adding a Whiteline FK8 Rear sway bar, and Motegi MR131s in Bronze. Gotta keep it mostly stock for SCCA GS Autocross.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I'm planning on adding a Whiteline FK8 Rear sway bar, and Motegi MR131s in Bronze. Gotta keep it mostly stock for SCCA GS Autocross.
Interested on what you think of the FK8 rear sway bar. Found out the stock wheels are HEAVY after installing splash guards today. Looking at lightweight wheels as we speak...

OP
OP
sackofcheese

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interested on what you think of the FK8 rear sway bar. Found out the stock wheels are HEAVY after installing splash guards today. Looking at lightweight wheels as we speak...
It is just the bar a lot of the 10th gen Si guys run for GS class. It's fairly inexpensive.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
It is just the bar a lot of the 10th gen Si guys run for GS class. It's fairly inexpensive.
Looking at the Whiteline website, the end links are a separate item. Can you run the stock end links with the FK8 bar?

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si -> 2022 BRZ
I have autocrossed a Veloster N was quite impressed with it. The seat, pedal, shifter was just not quite up to pare with my Type R. Because of my experience with that Veloster N, I looked at the Elantra N Line to replace my daily driver. The N Line has the bells and whistles, but no LSD. LSD in a FWD is a must. To get that with the Hyundai, you're in Elantra N territory. For me, I cannot justify the Elantra N as a commuter, as I have the CTR sitting in the garage for autocross season. If it's flat out performance you want, the N will be quicker than the Si.

I have a deposit on a 2022 Si. Won't be here until March (February build date) and I have my choice of color as long as it is Platinum White.

Thanks for the positive comments on the car. Can't wait until March.
Just wondering: did you cross shop the new BRZ?

S2000toCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
SPOT on with your assessment of the 11th generation civic si. My experience very much parallels yours right down to the color of the car. I have owned a 3g Integra GSR 4g CRX Si and a 2005 Accord. I bought mine 3 weeks ago and have put about 1000 miles on mine. The more I drive it, the more I appreciate the confident handling, rev matching down shifts, solid structure and the 35+ mpg economy. I bought mine for a little over 30k OTD and haven't looked back!
I’m confused how you both got yours for under $31k OTD. White MSRP is $28,715, plus ~500 doc fee, plus ~$1,722 6% sales tax, plus ~400 registration fees puts me at ~$31,338. Were you able to avoid any of these fees? Maybe your sales tax is 5%?

If you are able to elaborate on this, i’d really appreciate it, as I am in the market for one.

KimzEP3

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 1990 CRX HF with a B18
Totally agree with the OP's review! I for one don't miss heated seats living in south Florida, so that is a non-issue.

Just turned over 500 miles in my Si and love it! Coming from a 2019 Mustang GT with more than double the hp, the car feels like it has enough pep to make it fun! (And I still end up hitting the back of my head when I give it too much gas!) I have had many different kinds of cars, to include a then-brand new 2016 miata which I hated and totally felt underpowered at 155hp (now they come with 180). It also feels spunkier than an '07 TSX that had 205hp and VTEC. Might be the weight difference...also have a couple of project CRXs at home, but those are in a different class also due to having 30 year old suspension!
I've autocrossed miatas and mustangs, and my 2003 Si, can't wait to also put some sticky tires on this thing and send it! :D

11th Gen Honda Civic 1000 Mile 2022 Civic Si Owner Review 2 si's

Last edited:

RMR

First Name
Chugpudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 Civic Hatchback Sport
I want to preface this review by first acknowledging that I went into the purchase of this car without having a test drive of it. However, since it is an evolution of the 11th gen Civic Si (2017-2020) and the overwhelming positive reviews, I was confident I would like it. I also was trading in my Modified 2015 VW GTI DSG. It had a stage 1 tune, Eibach Pro Kit, Koni Yellows, and 034 Motorsports Camber plates. I put 78k almost trouble free miles on it. The only issue was a wiring harness that got crimped, but was covered under an extended warranty from VW.

Styling: This is one of the controversial parts of the 11th gen. I personally love the more restrained look overall compared to the 10th gen. It has great body lines, and the metallic white paint really pops in the sunlight. The two tail pipes look cool too when combined with the black spoiler. However I do wish it was just a little bit more aggressive. It looks almost exactly like a Civic Sport with the HPD wing. Even the wheels are the same. Honda definitely could have changed it up just a tad bit more and it still would have fit the Si mantra of a Sporty Civic.

Interior: One word, Amazing. The seats are phenomenal, really well bolstered and supportive on longer drives, the cloth is really nice too. The dashboard is well put together, with super nice buttons and knobs. I really like where the infotainment screen is at, and the functionality is great. Wireless Apple CarPlay works well, and it’s not a laggy system. The “upgraded” Bose stereo is good, but not great. I still prefer the Fender system in the GTI. The instrument panel is cool with the digital Tach and analog Speedo. It has a lot of options for what gets displayed in the space in the middle of the tach.

Driving Dynamics: It is a surprisingly nice for just driving around town and commuting. The controls are light, the clutch is easy, and it’s fairly quiet. It makes stop and go easy. The gas mileage is good too. In my mostly Highway commuting I’m seeing 34 mpg and that’s cruising at 80mph. The radar cruise works well, and so do the auto high beams. I still need to try the lane keep assist where it will maintain lane for longer drives though. The ride is definitely on the firmer side, but it is not harsh. It manages bumps and road imperfections well.

For spirited driving the chassis balance is downright epic. The car encourages you to drive harder and faster. The auto rev match system works near flawlessly, and even without it it’s super easy to heel toe. The shifter is a joy to use. Well defined gates and a good shape knob. It does require a little heft but is so fun to operate. The way Honda tuned the engine, it pulls all the way to redline, add in the short gearing and it feels much faster than it actually is. People on the internet are complaining that 200hp isn’t enough, but honestly it feels like a good amount. I like being able to wring out the car without breaking the speed limit too much. Plus it still has enough power to get around just about anything. When it’s put into sport mode you get pumped in audio that I actually think sounds decent. The steering is super precise and the way the car builds confidence in you, it’s just fun. The diff is magical too, but I’m sure that’s any helical LSD in a FWD car. It genuinely shocked me but down my favorite local twisty road, the Si was able to be just as fast as my MK7 GTI. The way the car allows you to carry speed is wonderful. Unlike that GTI you don’t have to fight the car either. It seems like it is eager to have fun. The GTI was very German and would shut down any fun, even with ESC coded to be fully off.

I do have a couple of nitpicks with the Si though. To start, I am bummed Honda decided not to put seat heaters or dual zone climate in the car. I’m sure it has more to do with chip availability, but it’s still silly since the Canadian market Si gets them. It’s also frustrating that Honda doesn’t give you a water temp or an oil temperature gauge. All you get is a dummy light. I would have much rather have those in the configurable dash instead of a throttle%/brake pedal/ gauge or some of the other useless options for that screen. While I’m grateful they gave us an individual mode, it seems like it was a last second addition without a ton of thought out into it. They should have let you also configure the auto rev matching, and the fake engine noise. Also the OEM All Seasons are pretty terrible. However that’s an easy fix.

Overall I’m really happy with my purchase, on top of getting better gas mileage, it’s more fun to drive. Yet I really only sacrifice the heated seats and some of the quietness from my GTI. For less than $31k OTD and with a new car warranty, I think the Civic Si is hard to beat if you need a 4 door car that has to do everything. I can’t wait to toss some sticky tires and go autocross it this spring!
03442BD3-0910-44A5-98ED-24845C79314F.jpeg
865A0C4B-C658-45F8-877D-2463EB312530.jpeg
EE6EC15E-7430-43DC-BD0C-E214D5FDCE77.jpeg

[/QUOT

RMR

First Name
Chugpudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 Civic Hatchback Sport
Great write up! Thank you. Enjoy this car! I really wish they would offer the SI in the hatchback. I would put my money down tomorrow. With my dog and kids I need the hatch but don't see any gain in trading my 10th gen for the 11th gen hatch except for the interior. The interior on the 11th gen is far superior to the 10th

OP
OP
sackofcheese

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m confused how you both got yours for under $31k OTD. White MSRP is $28,715, plus ~500 doc fee, plus ~$1,722 6% sales tax, plus ~400 registration fees puts me at ~$31,338. Were you able to avoid any of these fees? Maybe your sales tax is 5%?

If you are able to elaborate on this, i’d really appreciate it, as I am in the market for one.
My Doc fee was $199, License/Registration was $75, and tax was only $978 after my trade in was subtracted. Total cost was $30,352 before trade in/down payment

OP
OP
sackofcheese

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at the Whiteline website, the end links are a separate item. Can you run the stock end links with the FK8 bar?
I was going to try, I know the 10th gen GS class guys typically run the OEM Accord end links cause they're cheap.

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 87 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Just wondering: did you cross shop the new BRZ?
I did not! Not interested in Subie reliability and I have a family of 4, so I need the space of the Civic. BRZ' are quick autocross cars when set up for STX of SSC, not so much in DS where the FK8 dominates them.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si

4.15% sales tax (VA), Doc fee $499 I believe, title/tags about $75 on top of the destination fee. PWP paint is $395 upcharge so my OTD price was a bit over $30k.
I contacted 10 dealerships in the Richmond/Va Beach, and NOVA areas. Mechanicsville Honda (Page Auto Group) was the only one willing to sell one at MSRP. All of the other dealers I spoke to wanted $3k-5k over MSRP with add ons and a few wanted 7-8k over.

Stealthy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan

I got mine for 30600 OTD in Indiana. Platinum white pearl.
Sponsored