• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Just got my 2022 Si today

casprog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, stock
I was lucky to find a dealer with an Si in stock in my area. Oddly just one of several Honda dealers had any at all, and 11 cars total at one location. I have not driven it much yet and I still need to break it in, but so far I'm very happy with it. It feels great, shifting felt solid, car felt well planted, and the interior is amazing in my opinion. I'm going to leave this bad boy stock, all stock!

11th Gen Honda Civic Just got my 2022 Si today 20211202_145815

11th Gen Honda Civic Just got my 2022 Si today 20211202_163911
Sponsored

Last edited:

Godsmack720

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
Did they work with you on the price? I’m interested to know if you paid over MSRP.

HRC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Step 2 McLaren 570S
Congrats man. Aegean Blue, right?

OP
OP
casprog

casprog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, stock
Did they work with you on the price? I’m interested to know if you paid over MSRP.
I talked some off the price, but unfortunately no, I didn't get this for MSRP. I live in Southern California, obtaining this at MSRP just isn't possible.

Congrats man. Aegean Blue, right?
Thanks! yes that's right.

As a general followup now that I've been driving this a while, I honestly cannot think of anything that I would want to change, except for maybe Honda giving this more power to better compete with other cars in its class.. But still, it's a good fit for me, personally. It's still stock.

Updated photo!

11th Gen Honda Civic Just got my 2022 Si today 20211231_151536

Last edited:

20BlackSi

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2003 Tundra
Your car looks very nice! Congrats on your purchase!

Godsmack720

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
I talked some off the price, but unfortunately no, I didn't get this for MSRP. I live in Southern California, obtaining this at MSRP just isn't possible.
I live in SoCal too and close to Rock Honda which is why I asked. They have like 16 on the lot and wondered if that made a difference as to how flexible they are with their markup.

OP
OP
casprog

casprog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, stock
I live in SoCal too and close to Rock Honda which is why I asked. They have like 16 on the lot and wondered if that made a difference as to how flexible they are with their markup.
Ah, wow 16. Maybe that would help. I know back when I was calling dealers, they wouldn't even give pricing over the phone. And you not only need to watch out for the MSRP markup, but Honda dealers (at least in SoCal that I've noticed) like to tack on the "dealer package" too. Wheel locks, clear guards around the door, etc..

I wish you could actually build and order a Honda. It's annoying how you go to Honda's website and see a "build" option, but that doesn't really add any value or do anything. You are still at the mercy of what the dealer receives, and their pricing. Annoying.

Good luck with your search!

nowaytoescape

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Ah, wow 16. Maybe that would help. I know back when I was calling dealers, they wouldn't even give pricing over the phone. And you not only need to watch out for the MSRP markup, but Honda dealers (at least in SoCal that I've noticed) like to tack on the "dealer package" too. Wheel locks, clear guards around the door, etc..

I wish you could actually build and order a Honda. It's annoying how you go to Honda's website and see a "build" option, but that doesn't really add any value or do anything. You are still at the mercy of what the dealer receives, and their pricing. Annoying.

11th Gen Honda Civic Just got my 2022 Si today FF8C5693-11AB-48C3-BB6A-DED75FE403C9

Atlanta, GA.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Someday you will be able to cut out the middle man and get your car direct, but not anytime soon. I just wish they would make the markup bs illegal in the US like a lot of other countries and also doc fees that are pure profit for dealers.

Godsmack720

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
I'm not sure what's more offensive, the $5k ADM or the fact they want $600 to fill the tires with Nitrogen. Does price that come with a whole Nitrogen Tank?
$600 for nitrogen is crazy. Especially when you can pull into a Costco parking lot and fill your tires with nitrogen yourself, for free.

Last edited:

Godsmack720

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle

I know. It’s crazy what they’re adding on to drive the prices up. $15k+ above MSRP is ridiculous. I actually had one dealership tell me I found a unicorn and that’s the price you have to pay if you want something so rare.

Anyways, thanks and congrats on your purchase!