• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Don’t Pay Markups

NillyVanilly

First Name
Mozart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supra 3.0P, 2008 Miata, 2008 Tundra
I have a 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium and can vouch for it. Best BMW available today for sure ;). Hell of a package for the price. Potentially like 52-53k for a base 3.0 and You can get these new for MSRP in most markets if you look hard enough. At 50k for a civic i'm getting a GR corolla at MSRP, keeping the Supra, or potentially trading up to a new Lotus Emira when that time comes. Would like a 4 door more practical vehicle for daily duties but have no problems keeping my 500hp GT rocket.
Sponsored

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I have a 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium and can vouch for it. Best BMW available today for sure ;). Hell of a package for the price. Potentially like 52-53k for a base 3.0 and You can get these new for MSRP in most markets if you look hard enough. At 50k for a civic i'm getting a GR corolla at MSRP, keeping the Supra, or potentially trading up to a new Lotus Emira when that time comes. Would like a 4 door more practical vehicle for daily duties but have no problems keeping my 500hp GT rocket.
Yeah, at $50k for a Civic, I'd rather get a Supra and rent a van for when I need to move stuff. But then you have the long-term maintenance of a BMW engine, the low duck-in height of the Supra, general lack of space, etc. Not downplaying the fact that it's a fun car

NillyVanilly

First Name
Mozart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This B58 inline 6 is incredibly stout. Many people pushing 600+,800+ without breaking a sweat. The main maintenance thing will be electronics over time but all cars are the same overcomplicated POS now. I had a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR and the blind spot monitoring system went out a few years in. $3,700 in parts alone for a little blinking light lol. I bought a brand new honda fit off the lot many years ago and it misfired from day one and was nothing but headaches and no one could ever fix it. We all use Bosch ecus and components now regardless if its a Japanese type r or a european VW, BMW, porsche etc.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
This B58 inline 6 is incredibly stout. Many people pushing 600+,800+ without breaking a sweat. The main maintenance thing will be electronics over time but all cars are the same overcomplicated POS now. I had a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR and the blind spot monitoring system went out a few years in. $3,700 in parts alone for a little blinking light lol. I bought a brand new honda fit off the lot many years ago and it misfired from day one and was nothing but headaches and no one could ever fix it. We all use Bosch ecus and components now regardless if its a Japanese type r or a european VW, BMW, porsche etc.
I've definitely read a lot of good things about the B58 (m340i and m240i were on my list for a bit), but the electronic gremlins, and a super-packed engine bay have dissuaded me from both those and the Supra. Hoping the Type R delivers somewhat on the reliability front... It would've been nice if Toyota partnered with Lotus instead and just used their hopped-up Camry engine instead. I know, I know, not a straight 6, but still 🤷‍♂️

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I've definitely read a lot of good things about the B58 (m340i and m240i were on my list for a bit), but the electronic gremlins, and a super-packed engine bay have dissuaded me from both those and the Supra. Hoping the Type R delivers somewhat on the reliability front... It would've been nice if Toyota partnered with Lotus instead and just used their hopped-up Camry engine instead. I know, I know, not a straight 6, but still 🤷‍♂️
I was also looking hard at the m240i but lost interest given the non existent back seat, no manual and 3,800 pd curb weight. Just could not justify it. The b58 is one of the best monsters out there though.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I was also looking hard at the m240i but lost interest given the non existent back seat, no manual and 3,800 pd curb weight. Just could not justify it. The b58 is one of the best monsters out there though.
3,800 pounds??!? :oops:

NillyVanilly

First Name
Mozart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Met an older gentleman at the track who had a brand new M240i x drive and he was running high 11s no problem stock. Dead silent, just hooked it and booked it. Crazy how far cars have come from the olden days

OP
OP
Plombhpa

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Here is mine as proof that some of us got our cars at MSRP. You to can get one.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Here is mine as proof that some of us got our cars at MSRP. You to can get one.
Comparing your experience buying a car in 2017 at MSRP that is very polarizing in looks, unknown performance at the time, and higher production numbers is irrelevant to the FL5.

A larger market of buyers, lower production numbers, and 5 years of the FK8 being an awesome car to drive all but ensure the FL5 will be significantly harder to get for MSRP.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Comparing your experience buying a car in 2017 at MSRP that is very polarizing in looks, unknown performance at the time, and higher production numbers is irrelevant to the FL5.

A larger market of buyers, lower production numbers, and 5 years of the FK8 being an awesome car to drive all but ensure the FL5 will be significantly harder to get for MSRP.
Why are you using logical reasoning and facts here? That kinda shit don't fly here bud!!

Back in my day gas cost $.50. Everyone paying more is retarded and getting ripped off!! I make my own oil now, suckers.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
If a civic cost 50k. Ill just pay a bit more and order a rs3. Local dealer is taking orders at msrp.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
They only come in a auto. 60k is way more than id like to spend on a car but I can drive it a couple years and sell, they really hold their value.
Sponsored