• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Don’t Pay Markups

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Yes, yes it is. If you want a different color or to protect your gloss then stop whining and ppf your shit.

Not a fan, I want actual paint. Looks like crap to me when the bay and door sills do not match.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
It's the difference between a $3,000 wrap and a $7,000 wrap. Would be nice for a company just to make good materials decisions (removing gloss black from an interior, for example), vs having to compensate after the fact on the consumer side

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
A good shop does both…

I'd like to some pictures of an engine bay on a modern car where it all matches, that would honestly be impressive.

At that point cost wise it'd be cheaper to just order the car in the color you want.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I'd like to some pictures of an engine bay on a modern car where it all matches, that would honestly be impressive.

At that point cost wise it'd be cheaper to just order the car in the color you want.
They should capture the inner lip of the bay. If you are anal enough to worry about the complete bay and that ultimately influences your decision to buy the car or be let down because boost blue was shared across models, well…….

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
They should capture the inner lip of the bay. If you are anal enough to worry about the complete bay and that ultimately influences your decision to buy the car or be let down because boost blue was shared across models, well…….

It was marketed as a Type R exclusive color, so yes everyone that bought one has a right to be "let down"

Also, in my case it's my money I am spending so I have a right to feel how ever I want.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
My dealer confirmed they've landed on $15k markup and they have 3 deposits. Good on them, but I'll gladly pass on that. My goal is to get into a cheaper car, so I'm likely going to go with M2 unless I get lucky and find a reasonable markup soon.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
My dealer confirmed they've landed on $15k markup and they have 3 deposits. Good on them, but I'll gladly pass on that. My goal is to get into a cheaper car, so I'm likely going to go with M2 unless I get lucky and find a reasonable markup soon.

I haven't even considered the M2, I may need to go look at one.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
M2 is basically double the cost of a R.

Seems most dealer are looking to add a 10-15K markup.

So lets says the MSRP is 40, now your looking at 50-55K. I feel at that price there are lots of more cars to choose from.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I keep thinking of smokey in the movie friday….”dayuuuum!!!”

Which dealer was it btw?
Sponsored