• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Don’t Pay Markups

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
We think it's bad now. Just wait until people see how slowly they trickle out. We as a Honda store have not been able to order Civic 5 doors for two order cycles. That's as slow as anything I've seen from Honda.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
We think it's bad now. Just wait until people see how slowly they trickle out. We as a Honda store have not been able to order Civic 5 doors for two order cycles. That's as slow as anything I've seen from Honda.
Hatches are into next year now. You might find a few 22s around but they are scarce.

I’ve literally seen two hatches other than mine on the road in the twin cities. Civics are gone before they are ordered.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Hatches are into next year now. You might find a few 22s around but they are scarce.

I’ve literally seen two hatches other than mine on the road in the twin cities. Civics are gone before they are ordered.
That's correct. The next order is for '23 on all Civics.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
So then hopefully dealerships should finally get an idea of what they can expect, is that correct?
Dealers can see...

What's on the ground (obviously)

What's built and in transit and where it is at. (Vehicles produced outside the states complicate that). Like tracking a package.

What's to be produced in the next 2-3 months?

Delays are fairly often though Honda has improved in what a realistic time frame for production is.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Im not paying markup. There are plenty of people that was able to get fk8s with out markups. Especially in a economy in a down turn. End of the day its just a car, its a want not a need.

Same here, bought my 2020 for MSRP. If I can't get the 2023 with out a mark up then I'll be buying something else.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Got a feeling there will be a lot of people not getting this car. What is your backup, if you decide not to purchase the Type R?

Honestly not sure. Test drove a new 3.0 Supra, maybe the new Nissan Z or just nothing at all.

There isn't a lot of other new cars right now that do it for me. I have my Acty that I've been daily driving and I am in the middle of doing a small build on a RD1 so between the two I do not NEED a car.

I probably should have just kept my 2020, but Honda really ruined the Boost Blue for me offering it on the base models in the new gen.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
my gti has 25k miles on it, still smells new inside and I barely drive it. I'd love to upgrade to a Type R but at the same time I don't need a new car for least another 5 years.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
...Honda really ruined the Boost Blue for me offering it on the base models in the new gen.
It'd be like Porsche offering the Lizard green GT3-RS color for the base trims 911s; ridiculous. At least they haven't done that for Championship white... but boost blue should've been retained for the Type R as well...

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
It'd be like Porsche offering the Lizard green GT3-RS color for the base trims 911s; ridiculous. At least they haven't done that for Championship white... but boost blue should've been retained for the Type R as well...
porsche has paint to sample, you can get your car painted any color you want.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty

This.

I went out of my way to get a BB and now a cheap base model Civic shares what was supposed to be an exclusive color.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
This.

I went out of my way to get a BB and now a cheap base model Civic shares what was supposed to be an exclusive color.
It's like "yes, my car is still cool", but there's definitely a feeling of disappointment. Like you bought something due to it being a limited edition (Dynaudio did this with their Special 40 speakers), then the company decided to make them a consistent mass production run.
Sponsored