• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Thoughts on this oil analysis from Blackstone? Should I be concerned? This was the 2nd oil change at 7300 miles.

11th Gen Honda Civic Oil Analysis from 2022 Civic Si (11th gen) with 7300 miles Oil analysis
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
The report looks decent. It doesn't show fuel as a percentage , but a trace of fuel is nothing to worry about then. Aluminum is not bearings, not in a Honda engine. Bearing materials look decent in your report - copper and lead. Aluminum isn't overly high either, just higher than the last report. I would keep testing and see if a downward trend develops or stabilizes. Do some more highway driving if you can . Thanks for posting, I like seeing these reports. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
@zeroptzero,

Thanks for your input. I definitely do more short drives than highway miles and now gives me an excuse to go on a road trip! Yesterday, I took the car into the dealership to fix and oil leak-it ended up being a poorly sealed camshaft holder. The only thing that worries me is if the camshaft was wearing on the camshaft cap causing an increase in aluminum in the oil sample.
I'm a firm believer in getting oil analyses from Blackstone.

-Jamie

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@zeroptzero,

Thanks for your input. I definitely do more short drives than highway miles and now gives me an excuse to go on a road trip! Yesterday, I took the car into the dealership to fix and oil leak-it ended up being a poorly sealed camshaft holder. The only thing that worries me is if the camshaft was wearing on the camshaft cap causing an increase in aluminum in the oil sample.
I'm a firm believer in getting oil analyses from Blackstone.

-Jamie
Not likely, as Honda cam holders simply hold the cam sealing plug in place , and the operation of the cam in the cam cap would not be affected by the seal plug IMO. I think you are fine. Keep us posted if you continue to get more reports. I've seen a few used oil samples at bobistheoilguy.com I can't recall what aluminum wear numbers were on some of those samples but I may browse them when I have time. I think your numbers will trend downwards over longer term.

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Not likely, as Honda cam holders simply hold the cam sealing plug in place , and the operation of the cam in the cam cap would not be affected by the seal plug IMO. I think you are fine. Keep us posted if you continue to get more reports. I've seen a few used oil samples at bobistheoilguy.com I can't recall what aluminum wear numbers were on some of those samples but I may browse them when I have time. I think your numbers will trend downwards over longer term.
IIRC, the cam plugs were plastic in the old B series engines. I'm going to definitely continue doing the oil analysis moving forward. How many miles do you have on your Si now and have you done any similar tests?
-Jamie

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IIRC, the cam plugs were plastic in the old B series engines. I'm going to definitely continue doing the oil analysis moving forward. How many miles do you have on your Si now and have you done any similar tests?
-Jamie
I used to do oil analyses all the time on my past cars, I haven't done one on the Civic yet. I have about 15 k miles, I drive a lot for work and lots of highway miles.

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Another Blackstone report after 17k miles and 5k oil change. So far so good! Car has I/E and mild TSP stage 1 tune.
11th Gen Honda Civic Oil Analysis from 2022 Civic Si (11th gen) with 7300 miles Screenshot 2023-12-07 091217
Sponsored