• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I see the climate of the market, but, beyond that, I only see speculation reflecting fear, anxiety, and hype.

Maybe I'm being foolish.
That would be an accurate assessment.

Take everything with a grain of salt for now, but speculation would be the correct word to use. I don't think anyone is saying what they are using is fact and be all end all tbh.

Again, we SHOULD get more details tomorrow or on the 15'th with the Detroit Auto Show, sit tight! Hond HAS to do something to combat the GRC reviews coming out tomorrow..... right?

If they don't... oh boy get ready to wait a long time for all the juicey information we are ALL trying to get.
Sponsored

DominicHonda

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX, 2023 Honda HR-V EX-L
you guys definitely won't see 43 type r's, rick case down in south florida never even got that many fk8's lol
By the time the dust settled, from start to finish we received 47 FK8 Type R's including 2 Limited Editions.

If we get 35 over a 4 year production span we will be lucky

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
By the time the dust settled, from start to finish we received 47 FK8 Type R's including 2 Limited Editions.

If we get 35 over a 4 year production span we will be lucky
Out of curiosity hoe are LE's holding up in value in your regions? There is a low milage LE that's been sitting on a Ford dealership inventory for a few months, pretty cheap like 51k USD before taxes and fees. Wondering if I should just jump on that while I wait LOL.

encarnacionb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Integra
Out of curiosity hoe are LE's holding up in value in your regions? There is a low milage LE that's been sitting on a Ford dealership inventory for a few months, pretty cheap like 51k USD before taxes and fees. Wondering if I should just jump on that while I wait LOL.
Thereā€™s a 2021 LE at a local Honda dealership where Iā€™m at with 200 miles that started at $63k a few months ago but has been dropping.. still at $60k though.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Thereā€™s a 2021 LE at a local Honda dealership where Iā€™m at with 200 miles that started at $63k a few months ago but has been dropping.. still at $60k though.
Hmm interesting, so I guess the FK8 LE with 2K miles is a pretty good buy then. Wonder if they will keep dropping once FL5 news breaks... ugh decisions decisions.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Hmm interesting, so I guess the FK8 LE with 2K miles is a pretty good buy then. Wonder if they will keep dropping once FL5 news breaks... ugh decisions decisions.
Very interesting...
If you don't already have an FL5 spot, an LE trade-in would almost guarantee you an FL5 allocation?
Decisions...decisions...$51k US is a fantastic price.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Very interesting...
If you don't already have an FL5 spot, an LE trade-in would almost guarantee you an FL5 allocation?
Decisions...decisions...$51k US is a fantastic price.
Huh.... why did i never think about it that way lol. I don't think anyone outside of a dealer network really is garunteed anything. Maybe I should ask around on how that might influence my spot.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Huh.... why did i never think about it that way lol. I don't think anyone outside of a dealer network really is garunteed anything. Maybe I should ask around on how that might influence my spot.
I can see the dealer making $$$ 3-times from a trade.
For 1, inventory is low, so any trade will re-stock the dealer.
Secondly, selling you the FL5 the dealer will make $$$, taking your trade they may/prolly knock of couple grand and finally, selling your trade will make the dealer $$$ again. I not completely sure, but my guess is they may even bump you up in line due to this "interesting" trade-in.

I'm sure if it help me or not, but I did mention to my sales lady that I'm ready to trade-in my 2020 Tesla Model Y, if she was ready to take my deposit. And she took my deposit. One more example, if you'd allow, is my neighbor ordering a 2022 Honda Odessy. He was 29th in line, and 6 months later, he still 29th in line. He then asked his sales person, and the response he got was something along the lines of, "are you ready to trade in you 2019 Honda Odessy"?. And this sales, which is his friend, but low rank, confirmed that the parties that jumped the line in front of him all had good trade-ins...

Some may say how is this, there is an "order" in place; so how can people jump the line.
simple, Vin #.
If you never got a vin #, you just have a place in line...not an actual order?

Just trying to help, or shed some light, and if wrong assumption, ready to figure the disconnect.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Another difference but you have to look closely (mainly only old heads would even know this) is the rear tail on the jdm light has no light , only the usdm does dating back forever ago.

boost Appears American (small bulb present) & black is jdm (just a dull reflector)

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! 5FA2746A-874D-44AD-B16A-837E6438F55F

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! FB5D3F98-FF5B-403D-BE32-78B00BEF0859

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
I think even if these are for journalist drives/media purposes it still bodes well, considering how the regular Civic and Si started showing up at dealers very shortly after the media reviews.
Sponsored