• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! A9FCCACC-E201-4BBE-A612-F0C408642D65

Free.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Taurus LX
do dealers make profit on the accessories? like is there a delta between the price a customer pays and the price the dealer pays to order the accessory?

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
do dealers make profit on the accessories? like is there a delta between the price a customer pays and the price the dealer pays to order the accessory?
Undoubtedly. Department stores mark up 100% of their cost... you have to assume dealers are pushing warranties and accessories to pad their margin

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
$1000 for this feature, but they will spit on it first for free.
you know what the worst part was, when the sales dropped me off at BART (to take the bus :) ), he try to tell me his co-worker were giving him all sort of S#^t for "giving" it away for $10k over... :doh:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
you know what the worst part was, when the sales dropped me off at BART (to take the bus :) ), he try to tell me his co-worker were giving him all sort of S#^t for "giving" it away for $10k over... :doh:
Oh man - thats bad.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Taurus LX
gotta love all these arbitrary, divisible-by-5 mark ups... 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) just makes it sting that much worse - there ain't no rhyme nor reason but guess you can't blame them, they have to start somewhere lol

I'm sure in another life I'd be trying to squeeze some poor sucker for as much of his Benjamin's as I could too

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I'm honestly okay with the whole idea of an ADM. I've benefitted from the other side of it, having purchased multiple cars at under invoice because they were stuck on the dealer's lot.

Nobody is forcing me to pay the ADM. If I don't think it's worth it - I can just walk away. If enough people walk away, then the dealer will be forced to lower the price. And if enough people keep paying, well then...maybe that's just how much the car is worth.

In the alternate scenario, where dealers are forced to sell at MSRP, what happens when demand far exceeds supply? You end up with either a lotto system or a first-come-first-served system where it might be even harder to get. I bet if you ask some of our friends up North, they would say that's not much better...

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Oh man - thats bad.
I think I lucked out...
They initially wanted $20k over "like rest of the dealers around here" (so definitely dealer are coordinating). then I told him what I have to offer for trade with $10k max & no accessories, unless they are the ones that I picked. he told me to hold, and came back and said how soon can I come down. It turns out finance guy was looking for a Tesla Model Y for his wife. As soon as they saw my trade, it was over...they wanted it right away. The rest were just details, like do I want extended warrant...I have funny suspicion finance guy, Mo's wife will have first dibs.

so I think I luck out with 10k in the bay area...

spoke to a few other dealer around me, and they laughed at my 10k and trade.

EDIT: Above being said, Burlington Honda in Washington states #1 slot just became available. I'll info my sales lady promptly...or maybe one of you guys will be calling and saying, "yea, that guy, he bought a boost blue near where he lives; oh he didn't tell you yet"? it be funny as hell. :)

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Had two TX dealers (First Honda in Austin on CW, Honda of Ft Worth on BB) offer 10k adm. Told em both I'll pass. 5k as high as I'm going. Even that with msrp what it is makes this a steep purchase.